Kodi 16/Jarvis - crash on start
Hi all

Been using 15.2 for a while a now and to be honest it does everything I need but I'm the sort that likes to upgrade quite early on so was happy to be upgrading to Kodi 16.

Did the install over the existing setup as usual and install all went fine and as to be expected.

However, when I ran it first time KODI crashed and its the same every time I've tried since. I've tried this on a Windows 10 and Windows 7 install all with the same results. When I wind back the install to 15.2 all works fine again so obviously not an issue with my databases or data within them.

here is my full and most recent log.

As you can see from the last line, it appears t be having issues creating or accessing Videos99, I don't have music on my system, just videos.

Anything I can do to help move this along.

As mentioned I'm not exactly needing 16, but its nice to have the most up to date build

AS always many thanks for any assistance guidance given and keep up the great work
Guess your mysql might be configured not properly.

1. Upgrade to Kodi 16 again
  2. Swap your advancedsettings.xml username and password (for mysql) with the root credentials
  3. start kodi (I bet it won't crash this time)
  4. close kodi
  5. revert to your old credentials Wink
  6. start kodi and enjoy Smile
When you say change password what do you mean.

It's always been set as KODI on both.

Has been for a while now
While installing mysql you must have created a root/admin user.
That's what I'd like you to add to instead of the kodi credentials.

but if it's been like that all the time, check your mysql server if the MyVideos99 exists.
If not, it's a permission problem, if it does try deleting (don't delete the old ones) and than start kodi again.
I've had problems like this all weekend after upgrading to Kodi 16?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262204
Is mysql a peice of p155 to setup just never played with it and looking for some new projects rather than living on these forums Smile
to be honest I followed many of the setup instructions and it just worked from the word go...ever since its always jsut worrked and its only now that ive had issues

That being said, I've just deleted the myvideos99 database as suggested above (as I know the username/password was correct) and its now booted and is running fine.

I have to assume I may have shutdown KODI whilst it was doing the update and it was causing some issues.....going to try another machine now and see if that fares better
@jouster

There have been reports that the database upgrade took ~20mins. from isengard to jarvis while others haven't had any issue.

Killing kodi while the upgrade was in progress really could have been the root cause.

If your other instances used the same database-server you should be just fine now Wink
Yeah apologies Jouster for the tiny hijack Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16/Jarvis - crash on start0