• 2(current)
v16 Hybrid Revival
Did Kodi shutdown cleanly ? I've seen some posts where it appears Jarvis has a tendency to be a bit lazy in writing to the settings file.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Looks Like you fixed that<smile> Damm you are good!!!!!
Just a suggestion....if you move the menu bar down a little and less space between menu bar and addon icons it will allow people to see more of the background images....not really that important...Hybrid Dev is still the best Skin I have seen....Thank you again for all your Hard work!!!!
There's only a few pixels between the bottom of the sub-menu and the top of the addon icons, so no room to move the bar further down. I was actually looking at that today Smile What I use now is the clean home-screen option where you can see your fan-art and then just use the "up" key/button to see the widgets if you want to.

On a separate issue, there's still a lot of bugs but I've now got the skin running om my main media center. A whack of "]" are showing up which was an error in coding the font colours. Also weather is still misbehaving and the fan-art is showing up in all the wrong places & the widget icons are incorrect. But we're getting there.

I see that when I install Yahoo weather the wiget shows icons first time and then the icons for the sun and moon etc,,,Disappear....Havent see awhack of ]]]] im the font colours....but then again haven't changed the fonts yet
Great to see you back at skinning! Many of us have missed your hard work Wink

As a note of interest...or what ever...Weather and icons and backdrops in Jarvis is totally a mess. I know there were changes in Jarvis. But most of the weather backgrounds don't have an image for "Heavy Intense Drizzle". Had that condition in my area yesterday and no image got displayed until the conditions updated to "Partly Cloudy". I thought there was a problem until I saw this on every install I have all using the same skin, just not this skin YET.

Anyway, it's great to see you back at it! I know I'm going to love this skin when I install it. If there is any artwork you might need, not that I'm great at it, maybe I can help.

Might be neat to have a Home Menu bar that a user can change the color of....I bet that would be tuff to do though...
I installed first version of this minutes after it was up on Github. I've never really had any major issues with this skin. It has always been my favorite.
Only thing that has caused me some grief was the fact that backup using usb-sd card wizard is no longer platform independent. For whatever reason settings in userdata skin folder lists windows absolute paths versus the "special://home" paths. I manually edited skin settings file and it is now platform independent again.

Thank you for bringing it over to Jarvis, I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your hard work.
Not much I can do about "usb-sd wizard" - It's probably checking the paths while copying them and then writing them as a "hard coded" addresses.

Also ATM I'm not updating GitHub regularly, I'm using the Repo on my Dropbox so you'd be better off using that version, updates quite often as it's the easiest way to get changes off the laptop & onto my android box

Please not skin is not considered stable yet & has a lot of bugs..

Skins Looking great!!! Love the ultra low menu bar!
Had some issues with saving my build ...It turned out to be a android issue... kitkat vs lollipop...
just a idea.... with ultra low menu bar any chance of adding icons on top?
Thank you for all your hard work...looking forward to the finished Product

Paul
Must admit I like the low menu bar, I will look at what todo with the addons, but first I'm trying out different ways of using the resource addons that you can get for genre & weather icons.

Also trying to work in support for episode fanart from Artwork Beef Which unfortunately kills my "Hide Episode Thumbnails" setting.

Remember the slideblade you had in CCM? Might be a way to use one on the right side? Or maybe a button for weather like the power button?

Or when you enter the movie list/library slideblade for genres?

Just thinking out loud.....
Big Grin you've just made my life more difficult!! I like sideblade for addons on homescreen, easy to do & I'll look at the genre idea, could maybe expand that idea & include Unwatched, In Progress etc.

Well here's another... Dunno if it's ever been done in a Kodi skin... A pull down/up from top/bottom of the screen (like sideblade but now you have nearly the whole screen) that might have the weather, addons or shortcuts....

Or the same pull down could be minimal, just enough for labels, done up sorta like the status bar in appearence. Could hide things like buttons there too.
i was wondering if you could lower the video node widget to the lower bottom next to the menu bar, similar to the video node on mq6 skin and have the fan art displayed from each movie in the kodi background.

thanks
(2016-03-24, 12:59)Spinz Wrote: i was wondering if you could lower the video node widget to the lower bottom next to the menu bar, similar to the video node on mq6 skin and have the fan art displayed from each movie in the kodi background.

thanks

My first thought when I saw this post was - what's the point, with the extended info up most of the home screen is taken over, but I am curious so had a little fiddle with the home screen & if you have "UltraLow Menu" enabled and don't enable the "Extended Info" the widget doesn't look bad straight on top of the menu bar. you can also squeeze a bit more real estate by disabling the "Library Stats". BTW I haven't seen MQ6 don't have the time to look at all the skins avail.

Long story short, I'll do something over the weekend, but I am supposed to be fixing bugs and new windows like the event log Wink

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hybrid Revival0