Kodi.tv eBay seller
eBay item number: 161898282446 on eBay.co.uk

Do kodi have an official eBay shop. I presume not as this guy is selling fully loaded nvidia shield.

His user ID is kodi.tv which makes you think it is official kodi website selling this.

What can be done.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/kodi-tv for reference
Yes so is this official, or just another random guy taking advantage of kodi name and brand.
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Pi3 running LibreELEC
26GB unRAID server
Kodi doesn't sell hardware. This is just another person selling Fire Sticks full of piracy add-ons. The major issue is the trademark violation as an uneducated buyer might think this is official. I'm sure it's made to look like that on purpose.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
It would be great if kodi had an official response to this kind of thing that concerned individuals like myself could copy and paste, to send to these clowns infringing the kodi trademark.
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Pi3 running LibreELEC
26GB unRAID server
(2016-03-01, 19:46)Mylo75 Wrote: It would be great if kodi had an official response to this kind of thing that concerned individuals like myself could copy and paste, to send to these clowns infringing the kodi trademark.
https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-a...ling-kodi/
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Yea, that's fine and all but, an individual telling someone to stop selling something carries no weight.

If we had a perfectly worded statement from the kodi foundation to send to these people it would carry more authority.
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Pi3 running LibreELEC
26GB unRAID server
Well, that seller seems to have cleared out for the moment - their shop is empty.

However, in looking to give this chap a nudge to knock off his (trading) mortal coil, it seems that eBay presumes that only trademark holders can report an issue - which isn't unreasonable on balance.

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/uk/ve...-01-10.pdf

Soooo... we'd need a way to almost automate (perhaps with minimal oversight on Team Kodi's part, since it's their collective whatnot on the line) reports: email a link and <these details> to <this address>, or complete <this form> and semi-automatically lodge the claim with eBay?
(2016-03-01, 23:57)Mylo75 Wrote: Yea, that's fine and all but, an individual telling someone to stop selling something carries no weight.

If we had a perfectly worded statement from the kodi foundation to send to these people it would carry more authority.

Such a statement should come from the Foundation, though.
Quote:Such a statement should come from the Foundation, though.

As does the infringement notice, I suspect - hence my comment above. You'd really need to log complaints from a kodi.tv email address to have any weight, plus note the onerous comment about "under penalty of perjury, I am authorized to act on behalf of the Intellectual Property Owner". That reads to me that eBay would (at best) ignore what they believe to be "unauthorized" complaints.

I guess it'll be what works in practice rather than being any specific legal angle, though.
Yea as far as I see us individual users complaining to eBay, Amazon and their sellers is not doing any good.

I contacted one seller on eBay who was misusing kodi name with the P word, he changed his listing for a few days but now is back to kodi infringement.
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Pi3 running LibreELEC
26GB unRAID server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi.tv eBay seller0