• 21(current)
Bug reports
Fire TV II
Shuffling FLAC 5.1, only the first song plays 5.1, all songs after decode to 2.0. Passthru enabled.
(2016-08-24, 00:00)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-23, 20:06)Helioy Wrote: Anyone reported that season posters does not match the highlighted category. The "all seasons" is missing as poster, which makes season 1 the all seasons, season 2 season 1 etc. It is in viewtype poster.

There's a known issue (bug) that causes the "all seasons" posters to fail to appear when "Show parent folder items" is enabled - does disabling "Show parent folder items" help at all?

(2016-08-24, 01:49)Rjsachse Wrote:
(2016-08-23, 20:06)Helioy Wrote: Anyone reported that season posters does not match the highlighted category. The "all seasons" is missing as poster, which makes season 1 the all seasons, season 2 season 1 etc. It is in viewtype poster.

It is working for me. Are you sure you have the poster named correctly and is in right location? Does bot seem like a bug.

Well.. I don't use all season and I updated to 17b6... https://i.snag.gy/sZgbGE.jpg

any suggestions?
Win 8.1 64bit
NUC5i5RYK, Onkyo TX508, LG 42LM620T
Could you please disable auto scrolling in the menus as when I am trying to select things using the mouse the list will scroll up without me wanting it to.

It is quite frustrating when you are trying to select the middle things in a list and it keeps scrolling up and down making the selection impossible.
In going from beta 5 to beta 6 Estuary has taken a huge step back in usability and utility.

Nothing fits any more
----------------------------
In part this is because the font size has been increased considerably. The text too big. Note I am using Arial-based, not default fonts. This happens on both a 720p display (42" TV) and a 2560 x 1140 (27" computer display). Given the variety of displays and viewing distances involved, I think the user needs to be able to fine tune the font size.

Examples:

The main menu items in the list on the left of the home screen (Music, Music Videos, etc) no longer fit in the available vertical space. I have to scroll to see them all. There is no indication that not all items are displayed in the list. Furthermore sometimes Kodi starts up with the list placed such that some item in the middle is displayed at the top. When this happens scrolling up with the cursor keys is impossible. It jumps from the top-most displayed item up to the Power & Settings row (I preferred it where it was before, at the bottom) rather than bring hidden items higher in the list into view.

Long text overflows the boxes in the Roles display. Note it is harder to make long "roles" text now. The beta 6 music db splits multiple comma separated roles into individual roles. I had an extremely long role courtesy of MusicBrainz, "acoustic guitar, bells, clavichord, clavinet, cymbals, electric guitar, electric piano, guitar, handclaps, keyboard, organ and piano", that overflowed well outside its box. After the beta 6 rescan this was split.

The second line of album names displayed in the boxes along the top of the Artist Information display are cut off. Only the top half of the line is visible.

Virtually unusable with a just a pointer
--------------------------------------------------
There is the auto-scrolling problem mentioned by Aydo01 in his reply immediately before this. This makes the Add-Ons list, for example, unusable.

The pointer is inaccurate. It has to be in the top half of a box in any Icon Wall display before the box is selected.

There is no obvious way to scroll the items on the home screen/main menu. A two-fingered swipe up & down works on my Mac but there seems no way to scroll if no gestures are available. You'd need cursor keys.

There are many screens where there is either no way or no obvious way to return to the previous screen by clicking on something. Operation without a backspace key is impossible. An example of the former is the Artist Information screen. An example of the latter is the music library screen. You have to click Music in the top left corner. Also there are several screens which display very large left pointing arrows on their left side. Clicking these arrows does nothing.

Full-screen music display issues
-------------------------------------------
No display of what’s up next. This disappeared in beta 6. It's been there since I started using XBMC (Eden). Before beta 6, Kodi Krypton displayed the next *2* tracks.

No way to display the playlist. This wasn't so missed when what's up next was displayed.

No way to get full song info for the currently playing song except navigating back to a song list display and raising the song's context menu.

When the CU LRC Lyrics panel is displayed, song information is not readable:
* full screen display under the lyrics is dimmed and unreadable in moderately bright light
* the solid lyrics panel covers most of album cover, song name and artist anyway

Suggestions:
* don’t dim FSD
* shift panel to right so album cover is still visible; it really does NOT have to be centered on the screen.
* make panel smaller, especially in height
* make panel translucent

The CU LRC Lyrics panel grabs focus so, with the Apple remote I am using, Play/Pause now does nothing, what was volume up/down now moves the highlight in the lyrics panel and what was next/prev track becomes a no-op. I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about this as you do need to be able to move the highlight and change pages in the lyrics panel but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone has a bright idea.

Partial Information Display
-----------------------------------
There are too many places where partial information is displayed with no easy recourse to see all of it. E.g the information panel on the left of the screen when browsing artists in the InfoWall view type. It doesn’t auto-scroll. One has to raise the context menu for the highlighted artist and select Information, or, as I have just discovered, press the info key. Even then one doesn’t see all the info. The bio displayed in the central panel of Artist Information is usually only partial. Again there is no auto-scroll. To see the whole thing one has to double-click the central panel. Completely non-obvious and rather hard with a remote control.

Performance
-----------------
It feels much slower than Confluence. Often get a spinning cursor when entering, e.g. Artists or Albums and a several second wait.
The Estuary Song Information panel no longer displays the content of Comment tags. See http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17135 for details.

I am adding this note here because I have been told that none of the Estuary team on on Trac.
DialogConfirm.xml needs <defaultcontrol> defined (should probably be 10).

Without defaultcontrol I can't interact with the popup without a mouse. I'm not sure where focus is, but arrowkeys don't seem to help. Setting defaultcontrol definitely fixes it.
error in your skins for a long time please correct!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=radio

many developers have fixed the new official skins!
The duration/runtime flag is being truncated - in the following example it is "01:57:36 min"

"01:57:36" doesn't really require a "min" suffix - it's already hours:mins:seconds. You'd include "min" with "117 min", but no need when it's h:m:s.

However I assume "min" is being included to avoid confusing the duration with aspect ratio or similar. What might work better is to show "hh:mm *" (where * is replaced by a small graphical clock icon/image).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
When using multi profiles the power options are:
Exit
Log off CILX
Leave master mode

The "Leave master mode" is wrong. I'm not in master mode.
If I choose this option I must enter the master mode code and the I enter 'master mode'

Confluence does not behave like this.
(2016-12-18, 20:14)Milhouse Wrote: The duration/runtime flag is being truncated - in the following example it is "01:57:36 min"

"01:57:36" doesn't really require a "min" suffix - it's already hours:minsConfusedeconds. You'd include "min" with "117 min", but no need when it's h:mConfused.

However I assume "min" is being included to avoid confusing the duration with aspect ratio or similar. What might work better is to show "hh:mm *" (where * is replaced by a small graphical clock icon/image).
Additionally, the panel to the right of the plot section shows a cropped line of text if enough info is present (in this case, the "Tags" line):

Unlike the plot, this section doesn't auto scroll and the user can't select it to view it in a pop-up.
https://uploadfiles.io/5b1111
In Spanish inside the duration box at the video info minutes(minutos) is not abbreviated, so the number of minutes is not completly visible.
Having upgraded to the Beta 7 version of Estuary I've noticed that the mouse cursor only travels as far as about two thirds of the way across the screen from left to right meaning that a third of the screen on the right, if any controls, icons or scrolls are required are not reachable and clickable.

Previous betas were fine.

My setup is a MAC mini 2012 running macOS Sierra - not sure if this issue is solely related to this os or not.
Is it just me, anyone else noticing the pink/red hue in upper left and lower right corners of the Estuary skin in recent milhouse builds for rpi? (Not sure which build introduced this planned? background change in default skin?)

Does not matter what colour background I switch to when using default Estuary theme, they all have what in my opinion is an unexpected/strange hue? (Looks ugly)

Previously posted here
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Install never version
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-12-22, 20:45)Martijn Wrote: Install newer version
Believed that was one of the purposes of milhouse nightly builds to include Estuary Skin updates where currently I have LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0) #1221 installed.

OK, so I instal latest build of Estuary v2 from this Estuary thread?

i.e. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291757

Where following notes for installation provided by docwra in above thread in preparation, I notice that in my case on rpi2 (regularily Installing milhouse nightlys) I dont appear to have a skin.estuary folder in .kodi/addons?

---edit---explanation provided in this thread from this post onwards.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug reports5