Delete Profile(s) from GUI
As far as I can tell, the only way to get rid of a profile you don't want is to manually edit the /System/Profiles.xml

Seems a very useful enhancement would be to add a edit function to the GUI > Settings > Profiles to delete a profile.

(Why is this file in /System when it really should be in /Userdata ?)
isn't "Delete" an option in the context menu?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The context menu is the 'white' button on the controller? Yes it does...

So close this thread down.

I guess the Wikipedia is woefully out of date on some things or I am not searching intelligently enough.

Blush
It is indeed out of date on many things. Reason is that there's a very small number of people that contribute to it. Perhaps you could assist in this area?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:It is indeed out of date on many things. Reason is that there's a very small number of people that contribute to it. Perhaps you could assist in this area?

Hmmm, I guess I should since I was searching hard (even reading some of the latest change logs from T3CH builds).

Another example is the new Favorites window, I can see how the white button/context menu you can move and rename and delete...But how do items get added? Not a clue as to how to add a script to it.

Wiki only discusses the now obsoleted Sub Menu

(I am running a build from May 7 2007)
open context on whatever you want to add.

choose add to favourites.

is a pattern emerging here? WHEN IN DOUBT USE THE EFFING CONTEXT MENU Smile
spiff Wrote:open context on whatever you want to add.

choose add to favourites.

is a pattern emerging here? WHEN IN DOUBT USE THE EFFING CONTEXT MENU Smile

Cool, except it's a bit tricky where I was trying to get it to work in adding to favorites...I would use the white/context button and get Script Output instead of the Context Menu I expected. You have to be actually running the script to get the expected Context Menu where I can add it to Favorites.

Thanks JMarshall and Spiff for your responses. Now when others search on the same topic of ' Add Favorites' and 'Context Menu' they will have a good chance of finding this thread and enjoying use of the Context Menu.

Good night/morning where ever you are.
Bleh, just tried Context Menu within scripts and it only effects content with scripts Like YouTube2 and Apple Movie Trailers.

So no way to add to the Favorites from within the scripts folder Sad

Just works with Video/Music/Programs/Photos as designed.
You can add scripts to the favorites menu from within the file explorer
You have an old keymap.xml

Favourites is certainly there on WHITE by default.

Bleh, just tried Context Menu within scripts and it only effects content with scripts Like YouTube2 and Apple Movie Trailers.

So no way to add to the Favorites from within the scripts folder Sad

Just works with Video/Music/Programs/Photos as designed.
Replaced keymap that got overwritten when I copied over entire Userdata folder from last build I used (following somebody else's suggestions...Grrr bad user, no cookie!) instead of what I used to do which was just compare and edit the old and the new sources.xml file for my differences. I just have to be really much more careful in what I keep from my older software's user files/caches/DBs.

Works like a charm, another valuable lesson learned, changes in xbmc code behavior settings can occur with out much overt information/instruction...I am just too used to a more documented and restrained code development environment in my work related software development. I must be getting too old and inflexible in my old age Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete Profile(s) from GUI0