Option to recursive remove of a video folder from the video database
Well basically as the title already says Smile I want to be able to remove a whole folder and its succeeding subfolders from the video database. Maybe this already in XBMC but I haven't figured out yet how to do this...

Thanks for your help in advance
akaigotchi
Visit http://www.xbmc-tv.com - your source for broadband (200k+) LIVE video streams on XBMC
Rename the top level folder and do a Clean Library?
Or rename and Update Library if you have a very recent build (if I understand it correctly).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Rename the top level folder and do a Clean Library?
Or rename and Update Library if you have a very recent build (if I understand it correctly).

Well, I think you get it right Smile But what I am really asking for is a button in the context menu that says "Remove from library". Actually I have all my files on a NAS and other machines are accessing that aswell (and some have indexed that aswell Smile ). So renaming the folder would lead to inconsistent indices on all other machines. Having a button that only works on XBMC's index would be the best solution then Smile
Visit http://www.xbmc-tv.com - your source for broadband (200k+) LIVE video streams on XBMC
You could of course rename it right back.
But I catch your drift.. Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
unassing content for the folder.

you will be asked if you want to wipe all entries from the db.
...but there already seems to be a "Remove From Library" context menu option for videos while in Library mode in SVN build 8807 Shocked
It' not available for music though.
yes, you can remove entities, sure. (movies, episodes, tvshows).

but to remove a complete path, you need to do what i said.
Hey spiff,

thank you for your help Smile This really did it! But well, it is not very intuitive, isn't it? Maybe there should be a button for this anyway? What do you think?

Thanks again Smile

akaigotchi
Ok, a question then.
This option is not available in Music. Is it redundant there, or simply has not been implemented?
latter mostly. although i never personally felt the need for it either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to recursive remove of a video folder from the video database0