PM III skin quirks
I am not quite sure where to put this, but those two quirks are bothering my little anal self.

1). The graphics for the Favo(u)rites are different on the Home Screen and the Shutdown Menu
Isn't the idea that stuff like that should be instantly recognisable?
Also the spelling, as english is not my first language, is this american vs queen's english? (dictionary.com seems to favor Favorites Smile )

2). When asked if to determine name from folder or file names when scraping, the dialogue switches file /folder when compared to the question.
This has in 90% of cases caused me to choose the wrong option and just might be related to several users recent complaint of XBMC not using folder name for scraping purposes.Big Grin
(this may be fixable in strings?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Favourites is English. Favorites is American. I'll forward this to Jezz_X for his opinions on the icon.

Will look into the other one.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

hmmm. Is this what causes us to have English(UK) and English(US) strings.xml files? I guess we already have variants like German(Austria) Portuguese(Brazil) Chinese (Simplified).
Well Films is the TRUE English term and Movies is American so there are a few differences... one day we will all speak American :p
on 2), it was apparently fixed in strings:
Quote:Revision 8851 - Directory Listing
Modified Wed May 9 21:56:51 2007 UTC (5 days, 17 hours ago) by jmarshallnz
fixed: String "Use folder or file names for lookup?" was reversed from the button order. Changed to "Use file or folder names for lookup?".
With SVN 8943 I do not get the option anymore to choose between folder/file lookup.
Is it a bug or intentionally removed? (Can´t see it as a revision item).
works fine here
Interesting, after setting content (TV Shows) for a source and checking automatic scan with let's say theTVDB.com scraper?
(I have deleted the DB and run it at least two or three times now without seeing it.)

On a related note, why are there two different mechanisms to decide if you want to use file or folder names?
One for move scrapers (checkbox) and a separate selector dialogue for TV Shows. (sorry for being anal)
huh?

tvshows has no such choice. movies you can choose either in the dialog or during scan now. reason is that i havent gotten around to saving those settings yet.
Well that would sure explain it Big Grin
settings are now saved

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PM III skin quirks0