how to fresh install kodibuntu
I have been using a asus i3 chromebox for over a year without any problems. I performed a upgrade and rebooted. It boots up to the boot menu. When I entered my password it would loop back to the boot menu even if I chose kodi or desktop mode. I was able to purge kodi and remove dependencies, then reinstalled kodi. It booted into the boot menu. Kodi disappeared from the drop down menu. I was able to boot it into the desktop mode.

I am at a lost. Should I do a fresh install of Kodibuntu. What is the best way to perform this?
Is there something else I should try before this?
thx.
The old Kodibuntu ISO is outdated and suboptimal; follow fritsch's instructions on the VAAPI / EGL thread to do a minimal install of Ubuntu server with all the latest bits. Or just run OpenELEC if that meets your needs Smile
Thx, I will try that tonight.
post #4to pm
post #5 to pm
post #6 to pm
post #7 to pm
post #8 to pm
post #9 to pm
post #10 to pm
What happened to all the posts in this thread?
I wanted to reinstall kodi on my kodibuntu/chromebox as well.
I was hoping to just have to reinstall kodi and not all of kodibuntu- is this not possible?
(2016-06-23, 22:13)Ryangodammit Wrote: What happened to all the posts in this thread?
I wanted to reinstall kodi on my kodibuntu/chromebox as well.
I was hoping to just have to reinstall kodi and not all of kodibuntu- is this not possible?

not sure what you're referring to, I'm not seeing any posts that were deleted. Nor it is possible to suggest a course of action for you without knowing your current setup/status, but honestly it sounds like a question for the linux support forum not hardware discussions

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to fresh install kodibuntu0