v14 [Solved]unable to connect kodi through kore
Sad 
hi,
10 days ago, i installed and configured kodi on raspberry pi2 B+. ofcourse, i started http server on it and also uPnP server. on my rpi2, i have installed smb ftp server also.
i have connected HDD to it. i have added HDD to kodi configuration. i have also added some windows shared folders in kodi.
i have two TVs. 1-Bravia, 2-Old HDMI supported(does not support HDMI CEC). RPI2 is connected to old one through HDMI for display and KODI.
Bravia and RPI2 are connected to router through LAN cable. ipad, android mobile, laptop(windows shared folder) are connected to routers wifi.
i AM ABLE to connect uPnP server on my bravia. i CAN access smb server on laptop. i CAN access uPnP server on ipad(through OPlayer app).
i WAS able to control kodi through kore on my android device. but recently, it just failed to connect. it says for a long time as 'connecting'.
my RPI2 ip address is not static, but it isnt changed.
surprisingly, i am unable to ping Rpi2 on my laptop, but i'm able to view windows shared folders(smb server) on it. not even that, i'm able to execute remote desktop(XRDP) also!(for remote desktop, the ip address is same as that of i cant ping!).
i tried- reset RPI2(reset switch). reset router. still problem persists.
any idea about problem?
H E L P.
This really looks like a network issue, probably some firewall rules on your router or your computer. You should review your firewalls and the ports your have configured on Kodi/Kore (8080 and 9090 by default) to make sure they aren't getting blocked.
thanks for reply.
as i'm on rpi2, i dont think there is any problem at all about firewall.still as you say, will check it.(but where do i look for it in rpi2?).
i'm bit worried about router since i cant really configure it(its just simple plug n play type service provider router).
you are right. i'm on 8080 port for http server. will look at it.
i found alternate way to control through lirc and fills interesting. will try it.
Thank you very much.
solved the problem-
Just made my Kodi(raspberry pi) ip address to static.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved]unable to connect kodi through kore0