Disable 'connection lost' warnings
Hi there, hope I'm in the right place.

The option in Settings/TV/General to Disable "Connection Lost" warnings doesn't seem to work anymore. I get the warnings constantly if my backend is off, so I enable the setting to disable the warnings, but the notifications still occur.

It makes using Kodi impossible with the backend off, as there's a new notification every couple seconds.

I'm using mythtv for a backend, but I think this happens with any backend, I think it's more of a Kodi issue than a specific backend. And I think it started with Kodi 16 builds, but can't be sure.
I've tried toggling the setting off and on, restarting Kodi, restarting the Kodi computer and the computer the mythtv backend runs on. Sorry I don't know which version of mythtv it is, it's a Docker container on unRAID 6, I think it's pretty recent.

Typically my mythtv backend is up and running all the time, but sometimes I shut it down for maintenance. I could disable LiveTV, but the disable warnings toggle should do the job simply, right?

Does this happen for anyone else?

Thanks for your time. log file is here: http://www.pastebin.ca/3386741
HTPC: Win10 Pro, Kodi 17.4, NVIDIA GeForce 1080TI
Desk: 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display (2017), Kodi 17.4
Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9", Kodi
PVR Backend: tvheadend via Docker engine in unRAID 6.6.1
What's the exact text in the notification you're getting? It could be that the mythtv addon itself creates it in which case the setting in Kodi will have no effect.
The pop-up notification says "mythtv pvr client: no response from mythtv backend", see pic here: http://flic.kr/p/EiRWCn
Turn your backend on.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-03-05, 01:37)nickr Wrote: Turn your backend on.
That works, but it's not really a great solution. Turning on a machine just to stop a warning that shouldn't be happening on another one?
I had a similar issue ages ago with dvbviewer (though I don't think it was a dvbviewer issue) - I mapped a couple of submenu items to 'stoppvr and (re) 'startpvr'. On boot pvr's enabled - I turn it off if not being used and after that I can toggle it. Works for me as machines tend to be always on (sleep rather than shutdown).
Smile Yes, of course the notifications go away when the backend is on. What I'm saying is the notifications should simply stop showing if the setting "Disable Connection Lost" notifications is enabled. Doesn't seem to work that way.

The setting to disable the notifications worked in Release Candidate 3, because I commented as such on the blog post. http://kodi.tv/kodi-16-0-jarvis-release-candidate-3/ (can't link to my comment directly)

Anyway, not a huge problem, my backend is up and running most of the time, just thought I'd see if anyone else was having it.
I've noticed the same in jarvis, if the backend isnt running kodi will display the notification constantly. It didnt happen in isengrad. I'm running mythtv too, might be addon specific? Curious to see if there is a fix/work around because my backend is only up when it needs to be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable 'connection lost' warnings0