Sort by File Path - possible?
Hi everyone, first time posting.

I'm busy migrating from another platform, and there is a particular feature that is missing which i would love to get back, which is to be able to sort specifically movies by file path. My movie collection is broken into two sections, HD & SD. ideally i would like the HD movies to show first, with the SD movies following.

I tried to search, but couldn't find anything related, but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome!!

Thanks!
Smart playlists
So no way to edit the default view then?
You could use the path 'rule' in smart playlists; then and separate 'rule's for HD & SD and join some of them all together with a master HD & SD 'rule' smart playlist. Then save the master smart-playlist to favourites and link them to your homepage through a custom home page button, then if the skin allows it, eliminate or hide the standard home page buttons. Might be a bit of an effort, what skin are you using?

There's also Video nodes (wiki) and the helper Add-on:Video Node Editor (wiki) this would allow new buttons.

Simple solution might be the add-on Add-on:Super Favourites (wiki) and link back to the home page with custom buttons.

Whatever floats your boat.
(2016-03-03, 22:50)PatK Wrote: You could use the path 'rule' in smart playlists; then and separate 'rule's for HD & SD and join some of them all together with a master HD & SD 'rule' smart playlist. Then save the master smart-playlist to favourites and link them to your homepage through a custom home page button, then if the skin allows it, eliminate or hide the standard home page buttons. Might be a bit of an effort, what skin are you using?

There's also Video nodes (wiki) and the helper Add-on:Video Node Editor (wiki) this would allow new buttons.

Simple solution might be the add-on Add-on:Super Favourites (wiki) and link back to the home page with custom buttons.

Whatever floats your boat.

Im running Aeon, so i know my way around the customisations, re-creating the movies home option shouldn't be too difficult. Just need to get my head around the smart playlists thing, but that shouldn't be too bad either.

Thanks for the advice btw

On a similar note, is there anything to make the next unwatched video be the first to be highlighted? instead of the end of the list?
Quote:next unwatched video be the first to be highlighted? instead of the end of the list?
Sounds like something in the skin, when a title is played usually the pointer advances the choices to the next in the list, if you hide watched, the next would be under your finger. But the actual starting point of a list would be according to the real time sort, unless the list has been cached. Investigate Lazy TV, might at least offer alternatives.
I'll have a look, many thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort by File Path - possible?0