• 2(current)
Feature Requests
(2016-03-04, 16:57)Forage Wrote: Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread earlier. Here's the same list of feedback with a few additional comments:

I've been playing with the skin for a bit now. It's didn't take me long to find my way around the UI so IMHO you guys did a good job making it clear and simple as it should be. I can't say I really have a preference for the old default skin or this one, but still.

A few initial comments:
  1. To changing text ("Find movies...", "Find music...", etc) in the search box on the home screen is really distracting. I think I understand that you did it to be clear about its capabilities, but it keep drawing my attention each time it changes. This is a no-go for me. Please consider a fixed text.
  2. The "HD" and "SD" labels in the movie list are not that important to have it there behind the date if you ask me. It clutters the UI, with some movies having the label and some don't, too much to make it worth it. You'll probably watch the movie either way, no matter the quality. I'd consider removing it completely, maybe having it just in the movie details next to the codec.
  3. Is the movie date that important to have it behind the movie in the list itself as well as in the details next to it? That the same data in the same view twice is redundant I think. It's probably not going to affect your choice so I wouldn't consider it important enough to have it in the list itself.
  4. Please consider squeezing in the movie genre in the list view so you can directly see it while browsing through your collection. That's the one thing I missed in the previous skin a well.
  5. Also, the genre is a bit hidden now if you go look at the movie details. I was searching it in the list on the right with the other details. The top bar isn't something you'd look at often.
  6. I'd love to see the option back to prevent the background from changing. It's a lot of changing in the background when browsing for something you can't really see anyway. More distracting then useful if you ask me.

I feel that the video player OSD needs some additional love.
  1. You now have to go to "complex" menu's to see which audio stream is used and which subtitle track. In both cases it's the language that's most important to know because there are often multiple streams without a consistent default. It would be good to see this directly in the OSD.
  2. Changing those same stream takes more steps by navigating through multiple dialogs now while it's something people would regularly use
  3. The icons on the lower right give you a "tooltip/description" all the way at the left. This isn't a really efficient way to navigate ;-)
  4. At least with one subtitle present, pressing the subtitle button switches it on an off. This isn't very obvious without at least some additional persistent visual clue that something is switched on/off.

Thx, most of the quirks you mention are already known (and some of them will be fixed with next skin sync)
Some other stuff is just personal preference though and won´t get considered, sorry. Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2016-03-04, 16:57)Forage Wrote: Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread earlier. Here's the same list of feedback with a few additional comments:

I've been playing with the skin for a bit now. It's didn't take me long to find my way around the UI so IMHO you guys did a good job making it clear and simple as it should be. I can't say I really have a preference for the old default skin or this one, but still.

A few initial comments:
  1. To changing text ("Find movies...", "Find music...", etc) in the search box on the home screen is really distracting. I think I understand that you did it to be clear about its capabilities, but it keep drawing my attention each time it changes. This is a no-go for me. Please consider a fixed text.
  2. The "HD" and "SD" labels in the movie list are not that important to have it there behind the date if you ask me. It clutters the UI, with some movies having the label and some don't, too much to make it worth it. You'll probably watch the movie either way, no matter the quality. I'd consider removing it completely, maybe having it just in the movie details next to the codec.
  3. Is the movie date that important to have it behind the movie in the list itself as well as in the details next to it? That the same data in the same view twice is redundant I think. It's probably not going to affect your choice so I wouldn't consider it important enough to have it in the list itself.
  4. Please consider squeezing in the movie genre in the list view so you can directly see it while browsing through your collection. That's the one thing I missed in the previous skin a well.
  5. Also, the genre is a bit hidden now if you go look at the movie details. I was searching it in the list on the right with the other details. The top bar isn't something you'd look at often.
  6. I'd love to see the option back to prevent the background from changing. It's a lot of changing in the background when browsing for something you can't really see anyway. More distracting then useful if you ask me.

I feel that the video player OSD needs some additional love.
  1. You now have to go to "complex" menu's to see which audio stream is used and which subtitle track. In both cases it's the language that's most important to know because there are often multiple streams without a consistent default. It would be good to see this directly in the OSD.
  2. Changing those same stream takes more steps by navigating through multiple dialogs now while it's something people would regularly use
  3. The icons on the lower right give you a "tooltip/description" all the way at the left. This isn't a really efficient way to navigate ;-)
  4. At least with one subtitle present, pressing the subtitle button switches it on an off. This isn't very obvious without at least some additional persistent visual clue that something is switched on/off.

- The time could be increased between labels, but I've not noticed it distracting.
- Sorry, those need to stay.
- I don't really understand, do you not like having the year next to the resolution flag?
- That's a good idea, I'll see where it might fit.
- I'll take another look at that, but it seems clear. What does anyone else think?
- Sorry, that it staying.

OSD
- It keeps the menu clean and easy to use. Sorry, that's going to stay.
- -
- It should be intuitive and consistent placed on the left hand side.
- -

And ditto what phil65 said. Some issues you pointed out are bugs, some are personal preference, some can be reviewed.

Please remember, this is a default skin - there are still plenty of other themes to use.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2016-03-04, 18:11)Piers Wrote: - The time could be increased between labels, but I've not noticed it distracting.
Does it really have an additional value to have it rotate the text?
(2016-03-04, 18:11)Piers Wrote: - Sorry, those need to stay.
- I don't really understand, do you not like having the year next to the resolution flag?
This is how my list typically looks like:
The back and forth "jumping" of the date because of the flag make the list "restless", for the lack of a better word.

For me the date/year in the list provides no additional value, neither does the resolution flag.
I'd say the list is to allow you to choose and select which film you are going to watch. That would be it's main function. Both the date and the flag do not help with that. Info like genre or language would be more helpful for this.

Why is there a need for the resolution flag, especially so present?
Why do you want a date there?

(2016-03-04, 18:11)Piers Wrote: - Sorry, that it staying.
Even a general option to disable it is out of the question? That's all I'm asking. Even if it's just in the config file.
(2016-03-04, 18:11)Piers Wrote: - It keeps the menu clean and easy to use. Sorry, that's going to stay.
Are you saying you also see no additional value in displaying the selected audio and subtitle language directly in the OSD?
(2016-03-04, 18:11)Piers Wrote: Please remember, this is a default skin - there are still plenty of other themes to use.
Sure, I know. It's not me complaining, it's me providing feedback as a user in order to try help improving the skin.
(2016-03-04, 18:53)Forage Wrote: Does it really have an additional value to have it rotate the text?

The back and forth "jumping" of the date because of the flag make the list "restless", for the lack of a better word.

Those two are already changed, so wait for next skin sync. Wink
It is also correct that the OSD needs some further changes. Will get addressed.

About year in list: I consider MovieName + Year the needed info to 99,9% correctly identify a movie. That´s why it´s quite prominent there. Based on team feedback I consider replacing that one with duration perhaps, but no promises.
And sorry, -1 on placing "genre" more prominently.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Copied from main thread:

I know Kodi is aimed at a 10 foot interface but as a default skin mouse should work fluently or first time users/testers will be driven off. I know if I was installing Kodi for the first time to check it out and my mouse didn't work then it wouldn't live long on my hard drive. The cursor/pointer could use improvement but that's trivial. In PVR guide timeline view there is no way to scroll up/down with a mouse, the scroll wheel scrolls left/right. There needs to be up/down clickable arrows or what would be cool is if the mouse wheel is moved while the pointer is over guide listings it scrolls left/right while if the pointer is over the station name/logo it scrolls up/down. This has been an on going issue with Confluence and other skins. Hopefully that while the skin is in active development it would be trivial to fix this, I am not a skinner so I really don't know what is involved.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Can Estuary have a Low List view option added? Kind of like how the Amber skin handles a Low List view. I'm a fan of fanart and like seeing as much of it as possible while scrolling through the UI. Either way It is going to be nice to see the new and vastly improved default Kodi skin with the Krypton release. Great work!
(2016-03-04, 21:07)mjbxx Wrote: Can Estuary have a Low List view option added? Kind of like how the Amber skin handles a Low List view. I'm a fan of fanart and like seeing as much of it as possible while scrolling through the UI. Either way It is going to be nice to see the new and vastly improved default Kodi skin with the Krypton release. Great work!

Possibly, but probably not.

I would like an option to disable the recently added episodes on the home screen. The thumbs can contain spoilers if your not that far in the TV show yet. Great work by the way!!
(2016-03-05, 10:47)BreekBiet Wrote: I would like an option to disable the recently added episodes on the home screen. The thumbs can contain spoilers if your not that far in the TV show yet. Great work by the way!!

How about changing the artwork for recently added to fanart?

Great work! Any chance that we get indicators in the TV->Recorded view that show if a recording has already been (partially) watched?
one feature request to the ongoing series "widget" in the series tab on homescreen:
is it possible to add an option to start the next unseen episode directly instead of navigating to the series library Folder?
(2016-03-05, 15:51)Piers Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 10:47)BreekBiet Wrote: I would like an option to disable the recently added episodes on the home screen. The thumbs can contain spoilers if your not that far in the TV show yet. Great work by the way!!

How about changing the artwork for recently added to fanart?
Yes, that would work as well.
Would it be possible to give people the option of using larger text on the screen? I have a 60 inch TV and the smaller of the text like episode and movie descriptions I have to squint to read. I ended up manually modifying Font.xml and in the first normal fonts just changing any number under 30 to 30 then I was able to read everything.

I don't even know what I will do when I setup Kodi for other people since most people I know are in the 50 inch range which would make the text smaller. I could just keep putting them on Aeon Nox but I do like this new skin and would like them to have the option to use it.

I just hate making manual changes because I have to keep them up every time the skin updates.
Would it be posible to have some view options for the various library menu items/node hierarchy (not sure what to call it) below the home screen?

At the moment it is a 12 box icon wall for everything, but sometimes a wall with more items or a list would be better. For example if the user has created a lot of playlists with long descriptive names, or their own custom node layout.

Music Genre node is shown as an icon wall with 30 boxes (no icons just names), could this layout be an option for other nodes?
(2016-03-06, 16:52)shadow Wrote: Would it be possible to give people the option of using larger text on the screen? I have a 60 inch TV and the smaller of the text like episode and movie descriptions I have to squint to read. I ended up manually modifying Font.xml and in the first normal fonts just changing any number under 30 to 30 then I was able to read everything.

I don't even know what I will do when I setup Kodi for other people since most people I know are in the 50 inch range which would make the text smaller. I could just keep putting them on Aeon Nox but I do like this new skin and would like them to have the option to use it.

I just hate making manual changes because I have to keep them up every time the skin updates.

i agree, for me its also hard to read the text. but only make the fonts bigger is not a nice solution (for me) because then you have less information visible (e.g. in epg description or movie info). a better solution would be a kind of "zoom". but not zooming the whole screen (because then you lost/dont see the informations on the borders of the screen), better would be only zooming the overlying osd (e.g. whole movie information screen or tv epg/channel view) because there is more than enought space for this available.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3