• 3(current)
Feature Requests
Music and Video Genre icons would be great!
(2016-03-07, 10:41)zag Wrote: Music and Video Genre icons would be great!

What about the packs available?

I do need to create a new pack for Xperience1080, so might as well do two new packs for each.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Would it be possible to allow custom menu items with shortcuts like the Aeon Nox based skins.
Being able to set custom labels and shortcuts would make the skin infinitely more usable.
I know this wasn't offered in Confluence but it is also the most significant reason I and others had to change skins.
Agree. Custom menu items is required please.
(2016-03-08, 10:25)Tazoz Wrote: Would it be possible to allow custom menu items with shortcuts like the Aeon Nox based skins.
Being able to set custom labels and shortcuts would make the skin infinitely more usable.
I know this wasn't offered in Confluence but it is also the most significant reason I and others had to change skins.

I agree. Certain addons (such as netflix and rom collection browser) carry the same weight for me as the movies or tv shows items, and having to navigate to them via the addons menu 'feels' less important. Plus: it takes a few more clicks, and I need my clicks Smile
use posters (avoid spoilers) for the whole tv section (like in movies) 5 across instead of 4 Smile

settings > add-ons option brought back, skin settings is in appearance where it should be. Smile

air date on top of plot isn't really needed since we have tv information.
Under videos the media sources at present scroll to right as a single 1 x4 or more row and would like to suggest that when the row gets beyond 4 that it is wrapped so if you had 8 media sources you would see two row eg 2 x 4 on the screen. I hope this is clear enough to understand

In addition I would like to suggest that the favourites star icon is move up into the menu box away from the power button, so that the word Favourites can be seen. There are two star icons one is full the other is hollow and this would leave the hollow one where it is and the system, folder and power by themselves. Again i hope this request is clear enough to understand.
  • A vertical style for the Settings menus would be nice. I find the icon style menus to be somewhat jarring when you transition from the main menu into the settings.
  • The option to disable transitional effects/animations. I believe this could be done in the addons.xml otherwise?
Hi,

Firstly, I'd just like to say that the new skin looks great - cant wait to give it a try.

My only issue is the ability to add Smart Playlists to the main menu.

I have lots of movies which I split up into Kids Movies, Dads Movies etc - I do this by storing them in a different location and then using a Smart Playlist to filter the path.

I'd like to add the 'Kids Movies' and 'Dads Movies' etc to the main menu and turn off Movies. Customising the main menu is the only reason why I use Aeon Nox...

Is this possible?
My biggest problem with Estuary is common to many user-created skins-- it doesn't support the Confluence media views I actually want to use.

I exclusively use the "List" and "Media Info" views. If a skin doesn't support something looking very much like these very simple views, I will never, ever use it.

On a side note (pun not intended), the list portion of the list and media info views MUST be on the the left. Many skins put this on the right, and I feel that is an abomination. So the Estuary WideList view is not usable for me. I can't get used to the middle either, thus the List view is no good.

Also, from playing around with Estuary, I have two minor change requests and two bugs. None of these would stop me from switching to Estuary; the lack of left-list List and Media Info views will.

Minor change requests:
- Would like a dark navy or midnight blue theme and color.
- Would like the ability to re-order main-menu items. I want Videos first. Ideally would like to rename them too; I prefer to call "TV Shows" just "TV".

Minor bugs:
- Under skin settings|general, the "Choose Image Path" entry is greyed out while "Use custom global background" is enabled. Should be the opposite behavior.
- After installing an addon, it did not show up in the Addons main-menu item until I restarted Kodi.
(2016-03-08, 15:43)rodalpho Wrote: I exclusively use the "List" and "Media Info" views. If a skin doesn't support something looking very much like these very simple views, I will never, ever use it.

On a side note (pun not intended), the list portion of the list and media info views MUST be on the the left. Many skins put this on the right, and I feel that is an abomination. I can't get used to the middle either.

hahahaha I had to laugh, because I TOTALLY agree with you on the last part especially. I'm quite picky about these things. Don't really even like menu items that loop, prefer fixed lists and if possible they should be static and centered if horizontal. Where the menu items are placed, both vertically and horizontally are almost always dealbreakers for me. The only skins I can use are Confluence, Amber and the old Refocus skin http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=132897

I REALLY loved the old version.
Hah, I don't mind looping menus if they don't also scroll, so all the items fit on one screen. But it sounds like we're in agreement-- left-lists are an abomination unto God and must be eradicated!

(Or alternatively, please add LeftWideList and MediaView views!)
(2016-03-08, 12:24)Driminicus Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 10:25)Tazoz Wrote: Would it be possible to allow custom menu items with shortcuts like the Aeon Nox based skins.

I agree. Certain addons (such as netflix and rom collection browser) carry the same weight for me as the movies or tv shows items, and having to navigate to them via the addons menu 'feels' less important. Plus: it takes a few more clicks, and I need my clicks Smile

I agree this is much in important for me too. I want to be able to have cudtom menus not only to a specific addod but to a prcial menu within a addon like categories within the NRK addon. This is possible with the Aeon nox skin. In amber you can add any favourite (and then delete thefavourite) to the menu. That is also a solution.
Is there an option to hide watched items from recently added movies/episodes?
I remember there was an issue with the way they recent items were extracted from the db to easily add this, don't remember entirely but it never made it into Confluence even though many people want this.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
I watched the long walktrough Nathan has uploaded to YouTube and overall I'm impressed and very much like Estuary so far! Big thanks to all contributors!
Here is what came to my mind:

First I agree with this quote from Forage:
(2016-03-04, 16:57)Forage Wrote: I feel that the video player OSD needs some additional love.
  1. You now have to go to "complex" menu's to see which audio stream is used and which subtitle track. In both cases it's the language that's most important to know because there are often multiple streams without a consistent default. It would be good to see this directly in the OSD.
  2. Changing those same stream takes more steps by navigating through multiple dialogs now while it's something people would regularly use
  3. The icons on the lower right give you a "tooltip/description" all the way at the left. This isn't a really efficient way to navigate ;-)
  4. At least with one subtitle present, pressing the subtitle button switches it on an off. This isn't very obvious without at least some additional persistent visual clue that something is switched on/off.

Just keeping the OSD menu clean means hiding functions from the end user and that doesn't really makes it easier for the user to achieve his objectives. That to me looks much like the Gnome 3 way, which hides so much stuff that a lot of people never find certain features making them think certain features are just not available.

- The TV EPG-view seen here let's of lot of screenspace unused, so my proposal is to use the full width of the screen or 98% of it and show 10 channels at once or make the available space for the info part bigger.

- Rename "Music" to "Audio", because a lot of people also have radio recordings, podcasts, audio books etc.

- Maybe rename "Videos" to "other Videos"

- I couldn't try Estuary myself yet, but please make sure that when a video is paused the OSD to indicate the paused state is as small as possible and placed right into one of the screen's corners, because often I pause a video to look a details and don't want an OSD element to block the view

- I always wondered why XBMC/Kodi never adopted the control scheme known from many settop boxes, TVs and DVB-software like VDR which marks certain OSD-elements with the colors red, green, yellow and blue which can be triggered by pressing the according color on the remote. It's a great way to hugely accelerate navigating menus and triggering actions and it can be used really flexible. Most of the good remotes available have those color buttons and most gamecontrollers / gamepads also. So I see the introduction of a new default Kodi skin as the perfect moment to add that control scheme. It could also be made a on/off switchable option in the skins' setting, as some people may not like the look with the added colored indicators.

I'd be really interested to hear what you people think about my last point.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3