MyTheatreXBMC buffering problem
Does anyone know what I can do to solve a problem with buffering after a while. I turned the cache down to 256kb but after about 20mins it starts pausing and it says buffering then it will come back on after approx. 1 min of buffering and remain on for about 20 seconds then pause again. I reboot XBMC and even select a different channel but it will continue to buffer and pause on the same channel that was on originally. Ultimately I have to reboot pc and Xbox then try again. Once in a while I will get it to run flawless I can record, get the EPG up with info its perfect (thats why I haven't given up). I know of a good alternative but I can't seem to find info on it. I want to just hit record on my pc on whatever app that will work (dvbdream, mytheatre, altdvb etc.) and I can view the recording instantly from a shared folder on pc (it doesn't have to be finished recording to view) but, I can't seem to find an app that will allow me to switch channels and continue recording, as soon as I go to switch channels it prompts me to stop recording before changing channel. That brings me to my next problem - size of file. If I can get it to keep recording I need a way that I can limit a folder size to say approx. 100 gigs.(for argument sake) so basically my recording goes to a folder and once it gets to the limit it starts deleting the beginning of the recording so it doesn't limit out and stop. Or if there is a way to split it at certain size limits etc. I was thinking that when it gets to the limit to trigger a script(autohotkey) basically write a script that will open winrar and compress into smaller packs and move or delete. Please someone point me in the right direction. I want the latter to work because if I could just view the recorded stream I would be able to move the IR eye from pc to my TV and change channels through the app. I hope that this makes sense and someone is willing to help. I have killed both my FTA recievers this week and this is all I have left my DVB card(Twinhan Vision Plus 1025)
1) When I had buffering problems I used (starting at the top):

ftp is on and web is off.

The last 1/2 dozen builds have all worked with the default cache settings. I have 3 xboxs on the network and all three can be watching the stream (same channel mind you), playing movies, or mp3's simultaneously. If this doesn't work for you I can't help other then to suggest looking at network congestion, switches (lose any hubs you own), NICs, settings etc. A lot of the low buck nics, routers and switches are not as good as you'd like.

2) If yor're using MT you cannot view/record more then one channel. It does not have that functionality. I put 2 cards in with two separate copies of MT and dual headed dishes to achieve this. I use one card for the xboxs (they all have to watch the same thing unless I want to add more cards and dishes) and one for the big screen attached to the PC.

3) Short of becomming a programmer... Good luck...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyTheatreXBMC buffering problem0