Kodi on Roku using Fire TV Stick/Fire TV (Screen Mirroring)
Just had uninteresting idea, haven't tested it out though, I'm sure people already know you can just screen share android phone, tablet, or windows computer to roku thats running Kodi, but what if you don't happen to have one of those devices, or would want to do that. Just had idea that would help out both sets of my parents. Who both have one fire stick, and a roku device. They like the simplicity of Kodi on the fire stick, but the simplicity of the roku ui on the roku. And I was going to get Kodi on there phone/tablets and they would screen mirror it to the Roku, and even though its not that hard, there tablets are either old/too slow for them and they don't want to bother. So I figured how about I side load the android roku app on there fire sticks and screen share fire sticks screen to roku. And another cool thing about that, is that I got them the one's with the voice remotes, which use wifi to connect to the fire stick, therefore they can take the remote with them on the other side of the house, plus they can do this with the tv that has the fire stick plugged into it turned off, so whatever there watching doesn't play in two rooms, although that would be another useful feature if you wanted to though.

Already side loaded Roku app to fire tv, have to have remote mouse toggle to use, but don't have to roku to test it on though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Roku using Fire TV Stick/Fire TV (Screen Mirroring)1