• 30(current)
Release MLB.TV®
(2016-04-28, 20:55)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 01:19)TMonte87 Wrote: Any status update on the proxy settings?

Not really sure how to implement this, if you or someone would like to submit the code I could pull it in through my github.

Not an expert on this but I don't think this is trivial to do or reasonable for each add-on as they use the high-level Kodi APIs for network access.

Kodi has the option to set up a proxy for all traffic from Kodi in System -> Settings->Internet Access. If the use case for this in this request is to avoid blackout restrictions, it may be more reasonable to ask users to set this for all traffic or just before bringing up MLB in Kodi.

Don't know if this setting can be different for each Kodi profile. If so, one can set up a profile for watching MLB and switch to that profile with the proxy settings for MLB games.
(2016-04-28, 20:55)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 01:19)TMonte87 Wrote: Any status update on the proxy settings?

Not really sure how to implement this, if you or someone would like to submit the code I could pull it in through my github.

Unfortunatley this is out of scope for what I am able to do but, here are some examples of it working in other Sport Pass add-ons:

NFL Game Pass Add-On

NHL Gamecenter

You might be able to understand this one a little better as you are developing a NHL Gamecenter add-on yourself. It looks like it calls a 'helper' add-on for the proxy service. Which can be found here

I hope this is enough information for you!
(2016-04-28, 20:54)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 20:48)IdiotSavante Wrote: I would love to be able to pick from a list of available highlights. Is there any way that could be a thing?

Currently working on making said thing available.

You kick all kinds of ass.
Update 2016.4.29 Released

- Changed Full Games selection to use the teams abbreviated name instead of Home/Away
- Highlights option now avaiable for Live and Archive games (no MLB tv account required)
- Play individual highlights or select Play All to watch all highlights of the selected game
- Display recap / condensed game not available message instead of erroring out
- Added check for invalid username/password
Awesome, thanks for the update.

The "Play All" Highlights selection seems to play the videos in sequence, but after the first video, the transition just plain is sluggish and slow-motion for me. I don't think it is the MLB server or my bandwidth, as playing them individually they all work fine at the highest bitrates. Could be an ffmpeg buffer issue, not sure.

Edit: Play all works much better when selecting the lower bitrates. The struggle seems to be more prominent for HD bitrates, so it could still just be the MLB server
The new highlights option created an index bug when selecting the stream. For the Cubs game the "Choose Stream" options are [Highlights, CHC, ATL, Home Audio, Away Audio]. However, selecting the home video feed (1) gives me the ATL feed (2). ATL feed gives home audio, etc.

I was able to get the right video feed by changing line 349 to subtract one off of the index to content_id. I suspect it may apply to playback_scenario and possibly other places, but for now the stream works, so I didn't want to dig too deeply into it.

Code:
stream_url, media_auth = fetchStream(content_id[n-1],event_id,playback_scenario[n])
(2016-04-29, 21:42)bunglebungle Wrote: The new highlights option created an index bug when selecting the stream. For the Cubs game the "Choose Stream" options are [Highlights, CHC, ATL, Home Audio, Away Audio]. However, selecting the home video feed (1) gives me the ATL feed (2). ATL feed gives home audio, etc.

I was able to get the right video feed by changing line 349 to subtract one off of the index to content_id. I suspect it may apply to playback_scenario and possibly other places, but for now the stream works, so I didn't want to dig too deeply into it.

Code:
stream_url, media_auth = fetchStream(content_id[n-1],event_id,playback_scenario[n])

Thanks, I will upload a fix asap.
Update 2016.4.29.1 Released
- Fixed choose stream bug
Free game of the day isn't working. Every other game works.
Same here. Free game is the yankee game. Can't get to the choose stream. Other games work

Code:
19:09:02 T:7212   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('Nced',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "E:\KodiMLB\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.mlbtv\main.py", line 988, in <module>
                                                streamSelect(event_id, gid, teams_stream, stream_date)
                                              File "E:\KodiMLB\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.mlbtv\main.py", line 259, in streamSelect
                                                stream_title.append(teams[title]+ " ("+item['display']+")")
                                            KeyError: ('Nced',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:09:02 T:4176   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.mlbtv/?mode=104&name=%5BCOLOR%3DFF43CD80%5D%5BB%5D%5BCOLOR%3DFFF69E20%5DT+1st%5B%2FCOLOR%5D+%5BCOLOR%3DFFE4002B%5DYankees%5B%2FCOLOR%5D+%5BCOLOR%3DFF00B7EB%5D0%5B%2FCOLOR%5D+at+Red+Sox+%5BCOLOR%3DFF00B7EB%5D0%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%5B%2FB%5D%5B%2FCOLOR%5D&event_id=14-447209-2016-04-29&gid=2016%2F04%2F29%2Fnyamlb-bosmlb-1&teams_stream=nyabos&stream_date=2016-04-29]
Same for me, free game no worky.

But thanks a bunch for creating this. I hate MLB.TV's UI. I guess I'll test out tomorrow.
anyone figure out an easy way to get around the blackout restriction? i have a premium account but cant figure out how to use a proxy. thanks.
(2016-04-30, 02:41)nayeem01 Wrote: anyone figure out an easy way to get around the blackout restriction? i have a premium account but cant figure out how to use a proxy. thanks.

If you browse up a bit I asked him the status of the in app proxy and the developer stated that he is unsure of how to add this feature. I linked him to a few other sport apps that are using an in app proxy so hopefully he can gather what he needs from them and incorporate the same method here..
X-Forwarded-For works to get around the blackouts. So it is a matter of just adding it to the 5 user agents. But we would be kidding ourselves if big brother is going to let us do it en masse if we include it in the addon, as we would most definitely enter gray area in an otherwise legitimate and compliant addon.
It is far easier to use DNS proxies available that shouldn't become a focus for the addon. Just my 2c.

EDIT: Bug report ; Play All in highlights doesn't seem to pick up the first highlight in the list. Could be the same index issue noted above.

Feature Request: Name of the highlight playing displayed as info in the bottom if possible. Doh this already works using Kodi shortcut "I" which is mapped to Info on my remote.
How do I find your repo to add to Kodi on Fire TV?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2