• 42(current)
Release MLB.TV®
I agree that the quality is fantastic with this add-on. I just need to figure out the issue I'm having with the streams pausing....
(2016-09-19, 14:16)lowridin_guy Wrote: I agree that the quality is fantastic with this add-on. I just need to figure out the issue I'm having with the streams pausing....

I've been having the same issue the last week or so. Tons of pausing and buffering, sometimes booting me out to the add on screen. Any ideas? Works flawlessly from the website. This addon used to work perfectly but just started doing this recently.
The Problems are the mlb.tv Servers. Now you get mlb.tv for under 5 $.

I ve no problems wih nba, nfl, ESPN or nhl, only mlb.tv.
I'm really starting to believe its the MLB servers. When I watch a Jays primetime game is when i get the pausing, buffering. The later west coast Jays games play flawlessly. I tried a Red Sox primetime game and it also played flawlessly.

Are that many people watching the Jays primetime games that it's stressing their servers??
I think so. I ve the same problem with a ATV4. there is no buffering, but only the 30fps streams.

Conseded and recaps are terrible here. Unwatchable. Buffering with kodi. With ATV only 30fps streams.

I ve got a 32 Mbit Connection.
(2016-09-21, 22:17)lowridin_guy Wrote: Are that many people watching the Jays primetime games that it's stressing their servers??

I think that everyone who has ever been to Canada has been watching the Blue Jays. I had to throttle that game down to 1800 kbps today to prevent buffering.

One oddity that I noticed is that a few times this week when I was having trouble with buffering on the official 720p MLBTV feeds if I tried watching the game with the ProSports Kodi add-on they would play fine at the same resolution. The feeds on ProSports are most likely illegal though. I'm guessing that might have something to do with international bandwidth availability between where I live (Thailand) and the US.
Some people here are saying that it works fine except for the add-on (on the same connection).

Apparently ffmpeg can only buffer ≤7 seconds @5000k.
5000k is 3.2mb/segment, while 2500k is 1.6mb/segment.

I've had no trouble with 5000k (primetime or not) using livestreamer w/vlc. I sometimes have trouble with the add-on, maybe once every third game or so. All of this is over crappy centurylink 12Mb/sec dsl. I guess livestreamer can buffer more than ffmpeg. I'm only watching the games involving the three NL wildcard (leading) teams.

I believe that the condensed and recap videos are sent via progressive (single file) mp4, and not via hls segments like the games.
(2016-09-22, 05:48)toejam Wrote: Some people here are saying that it works fine except for the add-on (on the same connection).

Apparently ffmpeg can only buffer ≤7 seconds @5000k.
5000k is 3.2mb/segment, while 2500k is 1.6mb/segment.

I've had no trouble with 5000k (primetime or not) using livestreamer w/vlc. I sometimes have trouble with the add-on, maybe once every third game or so. All of this is over crappy centurylink 12Mb/sec dsl. I guess livestreamer can buffer more than ffmpeg. I'm only watching the games involving the three NL wildcard (leading) teams.

I believe that the condensed and recap videos are sent via progressive (single file) mp4, and not via hls segments like the games.

Isn't Kodi's buffer size configurable?
No this Cache Size is not configurable.

There is a extended cache which use the youtube plugin or the old mlbhls plugin up to 48 MB.
(2016-09-22, 10:49)WHamilton Wrote: No this Cache Size is not configurable.

There is a extended cache which use the youtube plugin or the old mlbhls plugin up to 48 MB.

If that's the case, then what is the purpose of the "buffermode", "cachemembuffersize", and "readbufferfactor" parameters in advancedsettings.xml?
See http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache
Yes thats the extended cache. But the mlb.tv Addon don't use it.
(2016-09-21, 12:41)WHamilton Wrote: The Problems are the mlb.tv Servers.
I think they are having some issues. For the past week the 3000k 720p stream on mlb network only plays for 15 seconds and then disconnects with livestreamer/ffmpeg. The 2400k 540p stream is fine.
(2016-09-23, 06:00)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2016-09-21, 12:41)WHamilton Wrote: The Problems are the mlb.tv Servers.
I think they are having some issues. For the past week the 3000k 720p stream on mlb network only plays for 15 seconds and then disconnects with livestreamer/ffmpeg. The 2400k 540p stream is fine.

That's pretty typical for MLBTV. It has been much better for me this year than in previous years, but every year since its inception MLBTV has had problems with their streams and when people report it to their customer support they are told to reboot their router, test their line speed, change their DNS, settings, call their ISP, etc. And then each year when the post season comes around and everyone in the US is blacked out, international users suddenly get vastly improved streaming.
I use with kodi and apple TV. (apple TV can slow down the quality, so mostly no buffer problems):

NHL.tv
NFL GP
NBA LP
MLB.tv
ESPN College Pass
DAZN

Only MLB.tv has these problems. NHL.tv works fine. Since August i can't watched Full Games without Buffering, Recaps and extended Highlights works fine. Last year it was the same.
NBA,NFLGP, ESPN no problems. When i watch Saturdays ESPN or Sunday NFL for 6-9 hrs maybe 2-3 times a short buffering of 5 Seconds. I think thas is normal for web TV.

But mlb.tv is terrible. Conseded or Recaps here in Germany at noon (3 am ET) buffering on 2 different ISP. That's not normal-
I'm also getting a lot of buffering on recap videos the last couple days, first time this year these videos have really been an issue.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2