• 56(current)
Release MLB.TV®
Yea i was watching it for 2-3 weeks free suprising to me also
I am getting constant buffering and freezes. I am using Windows 10 Kodi 17.1. I really want to use this addon as the official windows app hasn't. Even updated since Windows 8, and I'd rather not have to use a web browser like Chrome. Is there a fix for the buffering? I get the same issues using the NBC Live addon.
(2017-04-22, 19:17)bkrieger Wrote: I am getting constant buffering and freezes. I am using Windows 10 Kodi 17.1. I really want to use this addon as the official windows app hasn't. Even updated since Windows 8, and I'd rather not have to use a web browser like Chrome. Is there a fix for the buffering? I get the same issues using the NBC Live addon.

Might not be a total cure but first I'd try changing the CDN to "Akamai" and then if it's still buffering I'd try setting the bandwidth to something lower than 5000kbps. Both of those options are in the add-on settings.
(2017-04-22, 17:55)Jamesharr Wrote: Yea i was watching it for 2-3 weeks free suprising to me also

Sounds like a fluke, unless you're confusing it with some other sports addon that offers pirated streams. But either way, Kodi is trying to stay legit so in this forum you're unlikely to find advice on how to access the MLBTV feeds without a subscription.
Im good now i went and purchased it now im legit
Thanks to everyone ✌
(2017-04-22, 21:19)Jamesharr Wrote: Im good now i went and purchased it now im legit

To me it's worth the money, though if I had to use MLBTV's proprietary viewing apps instead of this add-on I'm not sure that it would be.
I'm confused with your latest release notes. I am running Kodi 17.
Your notes say the latest version on your repo is for Jarvis 16 and the version in the official Kodi Repo is for Kodi 17. I see the CDN settings in the version in your repo, but I do not see the CDN settings in the version in the official Kodi repo. Is this correct and which version should I be using?

Thanks
(2017-04-22, 20:32)hhqjdaasc Wrote:
(2017-04-22, 19:17)bkrieger Wrote: I am getting constant buffering and freezes. I am using Windows 10 Kodi 17.1. I really want to use this addon as the official windows app hasn't. Even updated since Windows 8, and I'd rather not have to use a web browser like Chrome. Is there a fix for the buffering? I get the same issues using the NBC Live addon.

Might not be a total cure but first I'd try changing the CDN to "Akamai" and then if it's still buffering I'd try setting the bandwidth to something lower than 5000kbps. Both of those options are in the add-on settings.

Thanks, that worked.
not necessarily just akamai (re: buffering issues). i solved mine by setting it to level 3...depends where you are, i guess. i've been having buffering issues today though, after it was flawless for the past week...trying it on akamai now to see if that helps. so far, so good...

i asked this before and didn't get a response so i'll throw it out there again: would it be possible to get an 'always ask' setting for CDN similar to what we already have for bitrate?
(2017-04-22, 23:49)matty8199 Wrote: not necessarily just akamai (re: buffering issues). i solved mine by setting it to level 3...depends where you are, i guess. i've been having buffering issues today though, after it was flawless for the past week...trying it on akamai now to see if that helps. so far, so good...

I agree with you about the Akamai vs Level 3 CDN’s, I probably should have said to try them both. In most cases this season I’ve found the Level 3 setting to work poorly but there have been exceptions. For instance, yesterday I started getting buffering in the 8th innining of the Red Sox game and switching from Akamai to Level 3 cured it. But today when I tried Level 3 on the Cubs game it was basically unusable and Akamai was perfect.
Please, where can I find the CDN option? Mine seems to not have it in settings.

Edit: Mine isn't working, as some people said. But I read author's post, so waiting patiently.
(2017-04-22, 23:17)bkrieger Wrote: I'm confused with your latest release notes. I am running Kodi 17.
Your notes say the latest version on your repo is for Jarvis 16 and the version in the official Kodi Repo is for Kodi 17. I see the CDN settings in the version in your repo, but I do not see the CDN settings in the version in the official Kodi repo. Is this correct and which version should I be using?

Thanks

Rev 2017.4.12.is the one that you want; should run on either version of Kodi.
(2017-04-23, 01:33)art5 Wrote: Please, where can I find the CDN option? Mine seems to not have it in settings.

Edit: Mine isn't working, as some people said. But I read author's post, so waiting patiently.

I think that the CDN option was added in rev 2017.4.6; current version is 2017.4.12. The CDN option should be on the same page as where you set the bandwidth.
(2017-04-23, 02:04)hhqjdaasc Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 01:33)art5 Wrote: Please, where can I find the CDN option? Mine seems to not have it in settings.

I think that the CDN option was added in rev 2017.4.6; current version is 2017.4.12. The CDN option should be on the same page as where you set the bandwidth.

My version is 2017.4.2
I'm running Libreelec 8.0.1
I installed mlb.tv addon from kodi official repository
Am I doing something wrong?
No CDN for me.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2