XBMC Advanced Settings Not Working since I changed Broadband Supplier
HI,

I originally had 4 xbmc boxes set up running my library from a mysql database on my Synology NAS. I today changed my broadband supplier from Sky to BT Homehub which required a new homehub/router to be installed. Everything went fine until I tried to go into my xbmc where I found it would just hang. I noticed all the device IP addresses had been changed so I went into my advanced settings file on my study PC directly linked via a tplink router to my NAS.

I changed the IP address in the advanced settings file to the new IP address for my NAS. Then launched XBMC it stalled and hung but eventually opened I could see my recent movies etc above the xbmc options but when I clicked on them it just hung again it did eventually play it but only audio. When I tried to go into my movie list and launch from there it again hung then after a while said movie not in library do you want to remove.

It works fine without the advanced settings file but obviously I want to sue the shared library.Here is the advanced settings file:-
videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.87</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
<tvshowsdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</tvshowsdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>

</advancedsettings>

Here is my logs with debugging enabled

http://goo.gl/UlnoME
Hmm, your link just gives me a "bad gateway" error.

Irrespective of that, your advancedsettings.xml has the same name (xbmc_music) for both the tvshowsdatabase and the musicdatabase. Whether this would cause you an issue or not, I'm not sure, but obviously it isn't correct.

Kodi generally appears to 'hang' and then responds when it can't access a database. As I can't access your debug log I can't be sure but I would guess that Kodi can't open the database on the server. As you have recently changed ISP's my best guess for this (assuming everything was working before) is that either :-

A) your new homehub is blocking some port that MySQL uses for communication,
or
B) You haven't previously used static IP addressing and Kodi can no longer find your MySQL server.

If A, port 3306 is used by the MySQL server and you may need to open this on your hub.

If B, set up a static address for your MySQL server and put that address in your advancedsettings.xml as the host address. Note that dynamic IP addresses (those assigned by your homehub to your PC's) will not work for MySQL and you NEED to make sure the IP address of the server never changes.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Save yourself a load of hassle and get your new router to allocate the same ip addresses as the old one.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
take a look at your sources.xml. are they added via ip? it is recommeneded but if you change ips it cant find them anymore. So you will need to edit that one for every client as well.

edit:what the... am i seeing this right on my small phone screen? your have 3 db, one for movies, tvshows and music each. why are music and tvshows named the same? what is the advantage of using 3?

edit2: does this flashy new router come with network priority settings? pre configured? it could block network traffic for the tv streams? I had this Problem once, it was so bad i couldnt even access the web.

If it's nothing of the above, habe your restarted your nas? My MySQL Server hated losing network connection...
Just checked your log...
21:18:37 T:4216 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'nfs://192.168.0.16/volume1/Video/Callums Movies/' does not exist - skipping scan.

All over the place. Your sources are messed up.

Unless of course you delete files from your nas in a regular Basis but dont remove it as a source from Kodi. I have just skimmed a bit, at least 20 i saw.
Nickr I came to that conclusion but I'm not sure how to do that. I did wonder if somewhere in the phpmyadmin mysql database it had the old IP addresses?
Yep they may be messed up but it worked perfectly before I switched the router and had a new IP address. Not sure the port 3306 is being blocked how can i check?
Thanks for the help guys.
(2016-03-05, 00:45)Sionzris Wrote: take a look at your sources.xml. are they added via ip? it is recommeneded but if you change ips it cant find them anymore. So you will need to edit that one for every client as well.

edit:what the... am i seeing this right on my small phone screen? your have 3 db, one for movies, tvshows and music each. why are music and tvshows named the same? what is the advantage of using 3?

edit2: does this flashy new router come with network priority settings? pre configured? it could block network traffic for the tv streams? I had this Problem once, it was so bad i couldnt even access the web.

If it's nothing of the above, habe your restarted your nas? My MySQL Server hated losing network connection...

Yeah I changed the Ip in the sources file as well. Don't think it blocks stuff apart from what BT do at an IP level. Yeah restarted my nas a few time
The thing about the 3 DB still interests me. But that is OT. (I think?)

It is strange. You can open Kodi and MySQL shows up. Your log states the DB is loaded. A lot of sources fail, but you would know best if they are relevant.

Your old nas IP seemed to be 192.168.0.16, so you need to first change your IP range to 192.168.0.X ans then set your nas to static ip, either via settings or Router. I am not convinced it will fix it though. You fixed the IP in the advancedsettings and sources so it should work. Do me a favor and check your sources once more, msyql works, shares dont... What os do the Clients run? Die you have to allow firewall or network shares somehow?
When you changed the IPs in sources did you remove the content on the old sources first?
If not they're still in the library but can't be found on scanning - presumably at 192.168.0.16.
Nevermind, my eyes play tricks on me
(2016-03-05, 01:28)trogggy Wrote: When you changed the IPs in sources did you remove the content on the old sources first?
If not they're still in the library but can't be found on scanning - presumably at 192.168.0.16.

Sorry not sure I follow. I just went into the xml file opened via note++ and changed the IP?

I tried going into the new router and change the ip range but it didn't seem to work. But not the most component at that sort of thing.

I did see somewhere that the mysql database may store the old IP addresses?
(2016-03-05, 01:45)Smithgf Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 01:28)trogggy Wrote: When you changed the IPs in sources did you remove the content on the old sources first?

Sorry not sure I follow. I just went into the xml file opened via note++ and changed the IP?

I tried going into the new router and change the ip range but it didn't seem to work. But not the most component at that sort of thing.

I did see somewhere that the mysql database may store the old IP addresses?
Yep, that would cause major problems.
Changing the IP in sources.xml doesn't change what's in the database.
On my router (bog standard ISP thing - a neufbox NB4) static IP's are set on the DHCP page - don't know if that's generally the case.
http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/how-to...ip-address

Maybe this helps. Just ignore the Bull about it being safer to change your Router IP from 1 to whatever. Gives a whole 1 second of extra security... At most. So instead of changing the last box, change the third. If you can tell us the exact model, maybe i can fibd something better

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Advanced Settings Not Working since I changed Broadband Supplier0