• 7(current)
WIP ReKOver : Skinning tool project
(2016-04-10, 10:15)fantasticn Wrote: Hi Jayz2K,

now that you are about to develop kind of an omnipotent "skin construction set" I thought maybe it would be a good idea to not only think about the construction of the views and menus, but also about the creation of individual context menus. Such menus could be called from the skin (entries in the main menu or in submenu) as well as been connected to certain buttons on the remote control. Especially the latter is very helpful in times that we see a lot of low button remote controls (like Shield TV, Fire TV etc.).

There already is a very simple script that does exactly that. Maybe you can make use of it and somehow "implement" it into your ReKOver project. I have described that little script over here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2306189

It's just an idea.

As always: Thanx for your hard work and keep it up!

Hi, This is something I can take a closer look to. Didn't read it in details, so no promises. One thing I wont do is adding features that require remote key mapping because it's something that requires to be changed by writing code. ReKOver is made to avoid that. Also, priority is to make basic skinning features to work first, so this is something I will dig later.

Cheers.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Some fresh news :

I first would like to address once again my huge thanks to Marcel for latest additions in skin.helper. I will never say enough that ReKOver project is on the go only because of his talent in python coding and requests replies. What he did during the last days now allows me to display the positioning / sizing values to the user and copy / paste these values to make things to work outside the designer (meaning real viewtypes). I'm fine tuning the ergonomy but it begins to be very nice to use.

It's a long dev but I think I have all the keys now to bring this to life Wink
I will start soon to work on the most complex part : custom lists Smile

Keep in touch.

Nice to hear it's going well Smile
(2016-04-21, 00:37)djoole Wrote: Nice to hear it's going well Smile
Yes it is Smile I spent most of the dev time to enable value display of pos / size. Even if it sounds simple, that finally wasn't !! And that's such tiny details that really improves usability.

New preview :

- Display of size / pos values
- Added infolabels for pictures
- Added shapes diffusing
- Added custom pictures and text entries
- Ergonomy improvements
- Fullscreen preview switcher

Amazing! You've made huge progress since last preview, congrats!

Will it be possible to choose multiple fanart from the selected movie, randomly displayed as a slideshow in a layer?
(2016-04-26, 15:53)djoole Wrote: Amazing! You've made huge progress since last preview, congrats!

Will it be possible to choose multiple fanart from the selected movie, randomly displayed as a slideshow in a layer?

Thanks ... not as much as I would like to but it's going pretty fine until now (fingers crossed).
To answer your question, it depends the way you might want to set it ... as browsing the artwork folder or with a built-in infolabel ?
Skin.Helper allows a huge amount of features for that and honestly only coded basic ones (it's a pretty long and boring job writing them all) ... but it's probably already something existing. Have to be confirmed.

EDIT : Seems in fact pretty easy to do with Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ExtraFanArtPath). This Skin.Helper property returns the extra fanarts path so it can be set in a single click as a multiimage control. This will produce an extra fanarts slideshow. Is this what you mean ? Taking advantage of ReKover process, I can set any available infolabels. So no need to worry about adding a fearture because it doesn't require any code ... just the infolabel.

That's exactly what i mean! Perfect, can't wait to play with it (now the hardest part will be to find free time to do that)
Announcement ... rumble ... List customization works like a charm !
I need to implement some deeper settings but all controls are ... Under control Wink

Latest preview :

Now I'm sure it will produce something fully working, it's time to officially forward this to WIP Skins Smile

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=271674

Hope to see you there guys Wink

Thread closed.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReKOver : Skinning tool project2