Retrode & advanced launcher
Hi, does anyone know of a way I can use a shortcut to launch a game rom file that keeps changing names but always has the extension ."bin"

Retrode reads game cartridges so you can play them in an emulator. It's works the same as having external storage with 1 rom in the root. But when you take out the game and replace the cartridge, it's like deleting one rom and replacing it with another. However, they both have different names.

I tried running Advanced Launcher, pointing it into "Retrode" and it found the game, Sonic.bin for example, when I replaced it with Bareknuckle.bin for example, I have to manually rescan the new content. I tried going through Advanced Launcher's folders into the game directory and adding the game to my favourites, and this works. When I click my favourite it boots Sonic.bin, however, when I change the cart out, it still looks for Sonic.bin and I have to go favourite another game.

Is there any way I could achieve being able to click on a shortcut and run each time regardless of it's name? With it being a rom, I thought about changing it's name, so all my roms can be loaded from a shortcut, but with this being a cartridge, renaming is a no go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrode & advanced launcher0