volume always on screen, video seek box stays when movie plays
Hi,

Two quirks maybe you can help me with

1) the volume bar is permanently on screen even if the volume is not being changed.... using yatse as a remote so no ir devices

2) when playing a film the seek bar is permanently on screen and i cannot hide it.

I have tries deleting guisettings.xml but this had no effect on either.

log is here http://goo.gl/fvGbbD

confluenece skin
openelec 6.0.3
kodi 15.2 git:02e7013

Many thanks for any ideas
Dave
The log isn't loading, but what you describe sounds like a joystick is plugged into your HTPC. Kodi's deadzones for joysticks aren't as high as they should be, which is why you're probably only seeing the issue in Kodi.
Hi Ned,

I first read your reply and thought " this geezer is way off" No physical connections to the htpc and no ir capability so the only input is from yatse remote for android.

You did get me curious though as i totally see what your saying, so i checked the input log..................sure enough there was an entry from a playstation 3 controller!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow ps3 controller had connected to the htpc bluetooth service. I disabled the bluetooth capability within openelec config and sure enough............

Both problems solved!!

Thanks for the solution Ned........ even without being able to read my log!!

Many thanks again, Dave
I'm having the same problem since yesterday when I purchased a USB Media Remote, that blue volume bar stays stuck on upper right corner of screen. I've tried unplugging it etc but still there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
volume always on screen, video seek box stays when movie plays2