v16 Animated background file size restriction?
Question 
Hey all, hoping there is someone that can shed some light on an issue I have encountered.

I am trying to use a 10 second movie as my home background by converting it to an animated GIF.
The resulting GIF is of a significant file size (around 300 MB).

When I select it as the background, it only displays about a second of it.

If I downsize the image (I'm testing this out by lowering the resolution) a longer bit of it plays.
At 100MB about 2.5-3 seconds play, at 35MB arount 6 seconds play.
It is however of an unusably low resolution (240p).

Does anyone know it this is a restriction in the library that handles the animated GIFS? Hardware should be more than enough (have 3.5GB free memory, CPU load is at most 10% on the home page with the image playing).
Is there some advanced setting that can increase this limit?

Grateful for any answers.
It's definitely because of kodi not being able to handle the size. For Krypton they are supposedly re-writing the video player, so I would ASSUME that there will be better support in the future.
(2016-03-06, 19:20)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: It's definitely because of kodi not being able to handle the size. For Krypton they are supposedly re-writing the video player, so I would ASSUME that there will be better support in the future.

Thanks,

Pretty much in line with what I was suspecting.

Time to purchase more patience and wait for 17 Smile
One full hd rgb (gif) frame is approximately 6mb! Currently a gif gets fully decoded before playback, so I've limited to 12 hull hd frames, memory-wise. On demand decoding will need some time to implement.
(2016-03-07, 22:49)Ace Wrote: One full hd rgb (gif) frame is approximately 6mb! Currently a gif gets fully decoded before playback, so I've limited to 12 hull hd frames, memory-wise. On demand decoding will need some time to implement.

Good to know, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated background file size restriction?0