Long press
Does long press work with the linux version? I tried it with the 'Ok' button on my MCE remote and it just kept repeating the 'Ok' press functionality and didn't bring up the context menu.
It actually does. But when i am using flirc the long press is not recognized. When using Vigica remote 2.4 longpress works out of box.
Some remotes, especially IR remotes, are really tricky to make longpress work with. Sometimes things send stuff as "button A pressed" and then "button A released" and other times it's just a repeating A press, or something like that. In theory a Flirc should be able to work, but it probably needs a setting changed.
I have the same problem with Philips SRM 7500 and Microsoft mce remotes. Lirc send to kodi multiple press instead long press. System Kodibuntu, Kodi 16 Jarvis.
How is the longpress detected? "Longpress" doesn't work with my MCE remote also.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
bump
Nothing to bump -> ask in OpenELEC forum.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have the same problem with Kodibuntu.
Just can't understand if longpress supposed to work for remote.xml at all.
And seems I'm not only one: Remote longpress issues

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Long press0