Kodi not working anymore "ERROR : exception caught on main loop exiting"
I'm pretty sure the driver log entries are all after the fact... not the cause of the error just the aftermath of the crash.

I've been tracking this issue since upgrading to jarvis, It's a major issue...

The crashes appear to be random, which makes narrowing down the cause problematic and a true fix hard to find...

Hope a resolution is found soon
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I've been having this same problem, tried multiple reinstalls, multiple older versions, Kodi doesn't start at all, HELP!!
Hello guys,
i had this problem too - and it took me a very long time to track it down in my case.

Kodi always crash with "ERROR : exception caught on main loop exiting" - but only on the very first start of kodi after start/reboot of the computer.
If i close the errormessage and start kodi again it comes up without that errormessage...
It makes no different if i choose Software rendering and disable dxva2 support...

My movies are on a NAS. I map a networkdrive on the pc - and enter the network drive as location for the movies/series in kodi.
But the network connection its definitly not the problem.
I had this problem on 2 different HTPC´s with different network cables.
And i can connect to the NAS with Windows Explorer or DVBViewer without having any problem.
I have a job in the windows scheduler that starts kodi after autologin - with a manually command to map the network drive correctly and with a 30 second delay before kodi starts. Works fine, but kodi always comes up with that errormessage.

I found out that the error is gone if i deactivate the automatic update for the (movie/series) library. After disabling this feature i did about 30 tests with rebooting the machine - works fine, no more error! Standby works too. Works on both machines.

(Windows 10x64, Kodi16.1 with DVBViewer Plugin, DVBviewer 5,6,2 with RecordingService 1.32, Mainboard Asrock Q1900 with 8GB RAM, Digital Devices Cine S2 TV card)
Seems that if the card is not DX 11.x completely, forget Jarvis! DX10.1 is a loser, too.

It seems that Nvidia implementation of DX11 is different from Kodi's implementation. At least Nvidia has a reputation for supporting their older cards, unlike ATI/AMD.
No need to have dx11 capable graphics card, dx9 capable card is enough. But most of issues with Kodi 16.x are related to dx11 implementation in graphics drivers. For older cards dx11 implementation is less tested and has less support from manufacturers. I have a dx10.1 capable video card and Kodi works well on it just because its driver has no issues.
Simple fix:
Disable playback "Visualisatons"

I seemed to be having an issue with "Milkdrop" when playing any music - disabled the visualisation and the error disappeared Smile
Hi All I found the fix to this, I was messing with NVDIA settings all you need to do is make KODI use integrated graphics in NVIDIA 3D SETINGS, it crashes when using the NVIDIA Graphics.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not working anymore "ERROR : exception caught on main loop exiting"1