Kodi 16 not responding
I think I understood some of that.

More than happy to test stuff as and when, that's more the level/limit of my skillset.
But glad you are willing to test it out. Really appreciate that. Watch the ticket or a thread for an update when a test binary is available. Hopefully it helps with your issue as well. Fingers crossed.

I do my best to provide a test binary as soon as possible. As said very limited time due to work at the moment.
Hi, seams to me i have the same problem. Any easy fix yet?

I just made i fresh install on a new computer to my son, kodi worked fine from the beginning. This error have come after all windows updates and installation of antivirus programs.

Windows 7 64bit, latest update.
DX11 Nvidia gpu.

Info from KODI:
Free memory: 1906mb
Resolution: 1280x1024
CPU usage: about 2%
Version: Kodi 16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53

Every first time i start kodi after reboot i get an error, a window popup that says: "Kodi is not responding" and give me two choices "Close the program" or "Wait for the program to respond", after less than one second kodi starts but just in a black screen.

I can alt+tab from the black screen to windows and then click on kodi at the bottom bar in windows, kodi starts with no problems.

Is there a way in kodi or windows to find this error log and find out why? If i exit kodi and start it again it is no problems.

But it is a new build for my six year old so the shortcut must work without issues.

I have copied the appdata kodi folder from another computer with another username and hardware, but it worked fine when i started the first time.

I think kodi would start fine if it just waited little longer before the popup window shows.
I use this workaround now, Kodi starts and terminates when Windows starts.

Save this script as STARTKODI.JS in the Kodi folder.
Create a shortcut to it and place the shortcut in the Autostart folder in the startmenu.

Code:
WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.shell");
var command="kodi.exe"; //this may needs to be path fully qualified.
task=WshShell.Exec(command);
WScript.Sleep(10000);
task.Terminate();
WScript.Quit();

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16 not responding0