• 2(current)
[Release] Meta video search addon
Couple of notes:
- Adding a TV Show to your library kicks you out of Meta once it is added
- Everything seems to work with USTV VoD now Smile
- Flix2kodi works Smile
[EDIT] For some reason it says "No results found" for House of Cards or Archer episodes...
[EDIT] I'm pretty sure it has to do with the additional info in the titles, Archer (2009) and House of Cards (US)
[EDIT] Changed {showname} to {clearname} and that fixes everything except House of Cards, gotta figure out how to get rid of the (US)

Not sure if it's possible but I would be nice if we could suppress the "No results found" popup from flix2kodi
(2016-03-10, 16:05)bry- Wrote: @thewizard and @CrazyGamerTV - abide by forum rules please. posts containing logs with banned add-ons have been split and trashed.

Sorry, I thought I only shared the errors from your addon.

Thank You for your time!Big Grin
Is there away I could have it search for sources in the addons and display the links instead of just the addon names?
I would like it to search addon A and if no source found it will search addon B and so on until it finds a source in one of my players...

I find that most of the addons will have the title but will not have a source for the title...
How is the library search supposed to work? The only way I can get it to work leaves me with two entries in my library...

I have episodes of Archer on my NAS which is also on Netflix so I have the folder with all of my TV shows added as a source and I added Archer through Meta. I then went into the "Set Content" dialog and checked "Exclude path from library updates" and removed Archer from my library without deleting files. Re-scanning my library gives me two entries for every episode, one from my NAS and one from Meta! I then set the content scraper for the folder that contains all my shows to none and excluded Archer from library updates. Now I only have one episode but Meta can't find the local files!
I tried this on both my Win10 and OpenELEC machines with the same result.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, how should this be setup?
@loki131
- I noticed the automatic exit from meta after adding a show but never figured out why this happens. Must dig into it a bit more.
- I'll change clearname to remove anything in parentheses.
- I can't block notifications but I think I can close them as soon as they open (so it won't be noticeable visually but it may still play notification sound).
- All the library meta-player does is to search for (not-plugin-based) content in your library. If you add a show throgh meta that is already in your local library then there will be duplicates. To avoid duplicates either use a meta-player to search the NAS folder (there is an example in the docs) instead of scanning it to the library, or just wait until I improve the library update code to ignore episodes that are already in the library (then when you select an episode directly from the library it would play your local copy if available and show you the meta dialog otherwise. If you want to force the meta dialog even for local content do it using the meta-context-menu addon)

@CrazyGamerTV
As long as the addon supports showing the sources in a directory view (and not in a dialog), then yes it's possible. The meta-player just needs to direct the way to the sources list and then catch everything using a ".*" step. If sources are found then the Meta dialog will show the addon name with a ">>" postfix and when selected it will immediately show you all the discovered sources. I will post a meta-player that uses the main search of quasar to show you how this works (it would be a good example even though I really don't recommend doing it for torrents). Edit: for the last part of iterating through meta-players until one works - no it's currently not possible and I'm not sure it ever will be.
Great!! THANK YOU!!!Cool
I tested if Addon X is the preferred player in settings it will auto scan for sources. Maybe if the settings had preferred player 1,2,3,4 it would work with more players??
No, that's not how it works. An autoplay feature that tries multiple players will not be implemented anytime soon.

Also, I assume that if something is listed then it can be played. That's the case with most legal addons. However, if an addon provides multiple links (e.g. for several qualities) then Meta can catch and display these (and ignore the addon if no links are really displayed). The following illustrates this.

The player below is just an example of how to display all links in case the addon supports listing them in directory view. Notice that quasar has a search item in its root that directly search for torrents and displays the results in a directoy view. There is nothing special about it. The key point is to catch all listed torrents using a ".*" step.

Code:
{
    "name": "Quasar Search",
    "priority": 500,
    "plugin": "plugin.video.quasar",
    "movies": [
        [
            {
                "link": "plugin://plugin.video.quasar/search",
                "steps": [
                    "keyboard: {title}",
                    ".*"
                ]
            }
        ]
    ],
    "tvshows": [
        [
            {
                "link": "plugin://plugin.video.quasar/search",
                "steps": [
                    "keyboard: {name}",
                    ".*"
                ]
            }
        ]
    ]
}
I get "failed to install addon from zip" on Jarvis.
Thank You, again I got it working, this is Great Addon!!! I will wait patiently for trakt to be added Wink
Meta 1.0.4
- Avoid duplicates in library (considering only real content, not strms).
- Close notifications while selection dialog is open
- Bugfixes
- Adding to library doesn't kick you out now Smile
- Much smoother search, just a couple of flashes now!
- House of Cards still doesn't show netflix as an option and I think the {cleartitle} fix may have introduced a bug with other players

Thanks for all of your hard work, Meta is maturing really fast!
Installed the repobut the video addon folder is empty.
Thanks so much for your great addon.
I finally got it installed as well a couple of players. I see movies pop up when I search but no way to play anything. I click on it or press C or press I all I get is the info screen popping up.

I had to create a folder called Players in Kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.meta
There were no such folder so I created it and put the players in it.

What else am I missing?
I think you need to go to settings and add the players for tv shows and movies.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Meta video search addon3