• 12(current)
[Release] Meta video search addon
No idea why, it doesn't make any sense. What skin are you using? I'll test to see what I can do.
@metate

I've had too much spare time and created another search addon to TMDb. It is similar to the IMDb addon but has a few differences: fanart and a few of the search fields have more details. Its always nice to have a backup too.

If you have time I would appreciate it if you would check whether it calls Meta properly before I announce it.

repo: https://github.com/primaeval/repository.imdbsearch
addon: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.tmdbsearch

edit: I found a way to get the tvdb id to add tv series to Meta.
@metate

I'm trying to work out why the movies don't get removed on a library update. I found a reference to SETTING_MOVIES_SERVER_URL in plugin.video.meta\resources\lib\meta\library\movies.py update_library which replies with some json. The movies_server_url is set to invisible in the settings.
Is this something that should be working now with the right setting or a future feature? I see you have a github issue to Improve Library Integration.
I assume you meant that movies you removed from trakt aren't removed from your library automatically, right?

Meta currently only supports "add to library", not " sync to library ". This is what the github issue is about. So in a future release it would work (part of the library integration module I'm working on) but not now. Although adding this to the current code as a patch coule be easy, I prefer a more comprehensive solution to library integration. One other issue with the library integration code is that it requires tvdb IDs for tvshows and tmdb IDs for movies, making it harder to create a fully working content browser that uses a different source (e.g. trakt, IMDB). This is also something I plan to remove (same is true for the play module).

SETTING_MOVIES_SERVER_URL is part of legacy code that imported items from a custom server to the library. I dropped it a while ago so please ignore it.

I'll try your IMDB search as soon as I can (a little busy lately). It looks awsome Smile
(2016-04-07, 15:45)metate Wrote: I assume you meant that movies you removed from trakt aren't removed from your library automatically, right?

Meta currently only supports "add to library", not " sync to library ". This is what the github issue is about. So in a future release it would work (part of the library integration module I'm working on) but not now. Although adding this to the current code as a patch coule be easy, I prefer a more comprehensive solution to library integration. One other issue with the library integration code is that it requires tvdb IDs for tvshows and tmdb IDs for movies, making it harder to create a fully working content browser that uses a different source (e.g. trakt, IMDB). This is also something I plan to remove (same is true for the play module).

SETTING_MOVIES_SERVER_URL is part of legacy code that imported items from a custom server to the library. I dropped it a while ago so please ignore it.

I'll try your IMDB search as soon as I can (a little busy lately). It looks awsome Smile

I see you are up to your eyeballs in Trakt integration at the moment.

I could help out if you like with the library.

Is it just a case of getting a directory listing of the strm files and comparing them against the Kodi library or did you plan some kind of internal database too? I see there is a lot of caching sophistication going on in Meta.
Actually midraal is doing all the work on trakt. I'm busy with other stuff (not related to Kodi) and working on an improved grammar for players (for META 2.0 or whatever).

Library integration requires an internal database to avoid duplicates and for performance reasons. It's quite simple actually. Very similar to pseudo library (that I really like) but targets both developers and users, in a more generic and simplified way. Once we have that Meta could be just the play related stuff, deferring library integration to that module and content browsing to addons like yours.
(2016-04-07, 19:17)metate Wrote: Actually midraal is doing all the work on trakt. I'm busy with other stuff (not related to Kodi) and working on an improved grammar for players (for META 2.0 or whatever).

Library integration requires an internal database to avoid duplicates and for performance reasons. It's quite simple actually. Very similar to pseudo library (that I really like) but targets both developers and users, in a more generic and simplified way. Once we have that Meta could be just the play related stuff, deferring library integration to that module and content browsing to addons like yours.

I think I'll try an interim fix to compare the strm folder with the Kodi database, delete the difference and trigger a library rescan until the full library database is ready. I'll launch it from the settings or context menu. Will that mess up Meta?

Splitting Meta into three sounds like a good idea. I can think of lots of browsing and search addons that devs might want to implement. There are possibilities of all the review and critic sites, fan sites, mood searches, lucky dip surprises, movie themes, users lists etc. The scope of Meta has opened up a lot of possibilities for search aggregation, not limited to one addon's content.
Interim fix to what? I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing Smile
Your solution would only solve a non-issue: it sounds like you removed something from the Kodi library but the strm still exists so on scan it is re-added to the library. If that's the case then just enable in Kodi settings the "allow file renaming and deletion" option (in Appearance->File lists).
I totally missed the "allow file renaming and deletion" option. I'm sure I tried to delete files years ago and couldn't find a way. It must have changed while I wasn't looking. That would stop the removed library movie being added back to the library on a rescan. It is quite a dangerous option though. I'll have to make sure all the real files on my network are read only in case the kids accidentally start deleting their favourite movies.

It should do the trick until your library module is finished. Thanks.
@metate - What do you think about this idea?:

- Having all the enabled players immediately visible in the meta play dialog, first greyed-out and un-clickable
- If the player doesn't return any results, the player is removed from the list
- If the player does return results, the becomes coloured, clickable, and moved to the top.

I guess this is basically an inversion of what the player dialog is doing now, but IMO this alternative would give more of a sense of ongoing progress
@metate

The player for the WCBS addon is broken, in the player it is referenced as plugin.video.wcbs whereas the plugin is actually plugin.video.wral (no idea why!). I changed it in my player and it works fine. Smile

Code:
{
    "name": "WCBS Programs",
    "plugin": "plugin.video.wral",
    "tvshows": [
        [
            {
                "link": "plugin://plugin.video.wral",
                "steps": [
                    "{clearname}.*",
                    "{season}x{episode}"
                ]
            }
        ]
    ]
}
Just a heads up, I also tried the WABC and WNBC addons and they don't seem to work but I don't see any reason why...
@loki131
That's weird, I'll test & fix. Thanks.
EDIT: updated players but WABC may not work well because the addon has wrong labels for seasons and episodes (probably broken due to changes in wabc website, addon needs update). For now the player tries to match by title.

@maxliefkes - the selector needs improvements but I'm not sure that's the best approach (could be confusing when items disappear). Will see.
Not sure if anyone else is getting this but my Meta Context Menu is blank on both my Win10 machine and OpenELEC machine, it still works it's just blank...
Yeah, already fixed on github, should be fine on next release.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Meta video search addon3