Win Jarvis not saving or installing Build.
Hate those Y-T vids. Couldn't sit through the whole thing but it appears what he does is zip the contents of the userdata folder and then unzips it on the new machine/ user. So if it is being unzipped in the right location (%APPDATA%) and any paths within the zip files resolve on the new location, then it should work.

scott s.
Thats exactly what it's doing.

Which is why I can't understand why it won't even allow you to manually extract/drag and drop into the Kodi folder. Or why Kodi itself can't seem to create anything in there.

I'll maybe set up a new user on his Lappy specifically for Kodi see if that works.
If your current user has admin rights that'll do nothing
(2016-03-08, 12:37)Johnston Wrote: Thats exactly what it's doing.

Which is why I can't understand why it won't even allow you to manually extract/drag and drop into the Kodi folder. Or why Kodi itself can't seem to create anything in there.

I'll maybe set up a new user on his Lappy specifically for Kodi see if that works.

At least on my Win 7 system, %APPDATA% owner is the logged-on user, and the logged-on user, SYSTEM, and Admin group have full control on the folder and all subfolders, unless somehow permissions got changed on Kodi subfolder (I only run Kodi as portable, and never install to \Program Files (x86)\ so never use %APPDATA% myself).

scott s.
Me too portable is godlike
(2016-03-08, 21:15)scott967 Wrote: At least on my Win 7 system, %APPDATA% owner is the logged-on user, and the logged-on user, SYSTEM, and Admin group have full control on the folder and all subfolders, unless somehow permissions got changed on Kodi subfolder (I only run Kodi as portable, and never install to \Program Files (x86)\ so never use %APPDATA% myself).

scott s.

The guy that owns it isn't exactly computer knowledgable. So who knows what has happened when he's set it up originally or done the update to Windows 10.

And I spend 99% of my time on linux trying to avoid Windows like the plague lol.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis not saving or installing Build.0