Win Film sets images always gone after closing TMM
Hi everybody,

ive managed to list all my movies in TMM so that the scraping with kodi is really easy to do
But i got a question concerning the Film sets.

After i managed to set up every Film set (got a green hook on each film set) i closed TMM.
After reopen it again, a lot of those film Sets which had a green hook before are now marked with a red X and i need to research again those sets.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

regards

Sweet
do you have the artwork folder active?
are the images on the hard disk (in the artwork folder and movie folder?)
do you have multi movie dirs?
did you scrape the images before or after assigning the movies to the set?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
well, i try to explain it in my bad english.
first ive scraped the movies directly under the film section. Each film has one folder on the nas. In each film folder are the pictures of the films, written by TMM.
so i dont have multi Movie directories.
after ive scraped all the films i start this:

Movies-> scrape->find film sets for selected movies
After then i switched to film sets and see the sets, TMM founds.
Then i select all film sets
right click
search in tmdb after movie set meta data
the result is: every film set got pictures and is marked with a green hook

After finishing it, i close TMM

Restarting it: most of the Filmsets doesnt have the Logo, ClearArt and Banner anymore Sad

Hope i could explain it correctly and you can follow the steps i taken

regards
News: After doing this step again:
Then i select all film sets
right click
search in tmdb after movie set meta data

When finished: i mark all sets again: and do a rename /cleanup all selected films..

Now after restarting TMM each Film Set still got the Info he had before the restart

strange
well i am really unhappy.. yesterday i thought,
and do a rename /cleanup all selected films..

Now after restarting TMM each Film Set still got the Info he had before the restart

but that wasnt correct... still the problem, that most of the film sets alltough the were green hooked after rename /cleanup all selected films..

after a restart of TMM they again are red x.

So i dont know what i really made wrong
can you reproduce it once again, and send us a bugreport (menu tools)?

It can have a few possibilities, why this is not saved (multiple movies in single dir, or wrong renamer settings, etc...)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Done ... send over the contact us (TMM)
you have some strange problem - some other process locks the file while we want to (re)write it.
> (Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird)

looks like the file already exists, but tmm lost its reference in the database (I've added a fix for that for 2.7.3). I hope that will be better in 2.7.3
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
ok than i am glad.. maybe it worked

i will wait for the 2.7.3 Smile

Thanks Mlaggner
So I am also having this exact same issue.

Basically I set up the movie set -- and have it saving both to the movie directory AND to a separate location -- correctly. The movie set is checked and all seems good. If I exit and reenter the tinyMediaManger the movie set artwork is gone from tinyMediaManager -- but it is actually still in both locations. Possibly a DB issue?

I just switched today and like this app so let me know how I can help to recreate/send logs.

Cheers, Tony.
You can use a 2.7.3 nightly and this will solve the problem. And yes, it's stable, I use tmm_2.7.3-SNAPSHOT_54ed440_linux.tar.gz from last weekend and so far no problems.

I realized to late, this is a Windows question, but I had the same problem with latest stable version in Linux, so this should fix the problem in Windows also with the same nightly version. But don't blame me, if your house burn down after installing this nightly, I can only speak for the Linux release. Tongue
well, nightly is... quite stable. currently. as of writing this. (don't ask me tomorrow)
But due to autoupdate, you'll always get the latest development version, even the ones we know it will delete something or rename falsely.
So, NO, if you want a real stable, stay at the release channel, or switch to pre-release.
Nightly is NOT recommended for files you don't want to loose Wink

Just gives us a few more days... release is already on the horizont...
How to disable autoupdate?
just don't press "update" when the dialog pops up.
But for nightly it will always pop up, since we always have changes Wink

If you don't want this, switch to another release channel.
This is a nightly build, and you explicitly want this here.
(it makes no sense, to stay on an old nightly)
And if you can't cope with a data loss, the nightly is definitely not the right thing for you...

But we're always happy to see some nightly users, reporting issues an bugs Smile
Thx for the info.

I make weekly backups to separate external HDD's, so I'm ready for the worst case.

I think, tmm is at a advanced development stage and this board section is not full of daily desperated user with a lot of HELP ME! threads, or maybe most user run a stable version, who knows. Anyway, like in real life, no risk, no fun. Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Film sets images always gone after closing TMM0