OS X Kodi crashing when updating movies library
Dear all,

I've had Kodi crashing each time i've tried to update my movies library. This does not occur when updating my tvshows though.
This problem has been occuring on Kodi since version 14, i'm now on version 16, i've waited for each version to fix the problem but it does not seems it'll come anytime soon ... So i'm taking the time to explain the issue.

So about the gear and software :
I own a Macbook Pro core i7 16go ram 1tb SSD on OS 10.11.3
Kodi is on v16 with no skin
I share my videos via a Synology DS414 via SMB protocol

When I add my tvshows all packed in season folders, no problem, library properly built.
When I do the same with movies, each packed in single folders, it starts to refresh the first 10-20 movies and then crashes randomly.

Here is the crash log from osX :

http://pastebin.com/iSjsrQMX

and the crashlog from Kodi :

http://xbmclogs.com/p0t8hubog

Thank you for any help.
well its crashing somewhere in the gpu drivers (don't ask me why Wink ). But its nvidia - could you try some more recent nvidia drivers maybe from their site? Also the kodi debug log is the wrong one (it only shows how you upload it - i need the log from before... and it has to have debugging enabled aswell).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
oh wait - that gpu crash is a false alert - it crashes on some sort of raw image in one of your video folders or somewhere in your source. Not much more to tell but if you find and remove that raw image your problem should be gone (and it also should be gone in kodi 17.0 once it is out because we removed raw image support due to its buginess...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashing when updating movies library0