Yellow square in corner pi3
(2016-03-16, 01:17)Ned Scott Wrote: Don't you mean the bottom? The metal part should be the top.

No I mean the top plastic clip on cover, I figure it could be keeping the heat in
Probably not the correct plase to ask since the thread is about heat issues.
But as the FLIRC case is good at keeping the new RPI-3 cooler, are there any issues with the wifi/bt when the device is used within this diecast(?) FLIRC case?
What sort of speeds does one see when the RPi is both inside and outside the FLIRC case (that is does the case impeed the signals in any way)?
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Nate Thomas made a nice video showing off the Raspberry Pi 3 using the Flirc case and the wifi worked fine. There are limitations for the wifi module itself... I haven't tested it yet, though I've read the connection is just above 40 Mbps in optimal conditions. So I wouldn't expect modern wifi speeds.
Used the FLIRC case today and it stayed around the 62c mark, much more like it. The real test will probably be in the height of summer.
I think it should be fine even during the summer. If not tjen you can use a fan to keep both you AND the pi cool Smile
Sad 
Arg.
My pi started to get the yellow square on the right informing me its getting hot.
currently have

Will changing the overclock settings cool it?
Or shall i get a FLIRC case?

Thanks
N
Avoiding anything that will push the CPU frequency to it's maximum for sustained periods. Yes, the Flirc case would be a good option. If you don't need the extra space savings, then consider avoiding HEVC on the Pi until you can cool it sufficiently.
It seemed to start overheating when i chucked the Aeon Nox SiLVO them on the rpi3.

hmmm i will try the FLIRC case and see if they helps.
I hope the little heatsink i put on it comes off easily...

thanks
n
I can confirm that ever since I installed my Pi3 in an FLIRC case i haven't had any overheating problems
(2016-03-31, 17:06)danny_ice Wrote: I can confirm that ever since I installed my Pi3 in an FLIRC case i haven't had any overheating problems
thanks danny_ice
just as well because i have just bought a case
I am overall very impressed with the quality of Flirc's products and can't recommend them enough. Jason, the founder and creator of at least the first Flirc product, is a very genuine person who is very dedicated to Flirc and their products. The icing on the cake is that you're supporting a good cause as well: https://flirc.tv/about_us

Quote:A portion of every sale will be donated directly to Dr. Lenz's USC Cancer Research Facility. If you would like to make a contribution independently of flirc, please do so by visiting the following link, and under special instructions put: Dr. Heinz Lenz.

I hope they continue creating these kinds of products for HTPCs Smile
(2016-03-31, 19:30)nooryani84 Wrote: I am overall very impressed with the quality of Flirc's products and can't recommend them enough. Jason, the founder and creator of at least the first Flirc product, is a very genuine person who is very dedicated to Flirc and their products. The icing on the cake is that you're supporting a good cause as well: https://flirc.tv/about_us

Quote:A portion of every sale will be donated directly to Dr. Lenz's USC Cancer Research Facility. If you would like to make a contribution independently of flirc, please do so by visiting the following link, and under special instructions put: Dr. Heinz Lenz.

I hope they continue creating these kinds of products for HTPCs Smile

Good find.
sounds like a great little firm!
Oh I won't take any credit, Flirc is well known in the Kodiverse!
Just a little follow up for anyone who is interested, been running my pi3 with a high overclock for months now with no temperature issues using the flirc case

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yellow square in corner pi30