Yellow square in corner pi3
(2016-03-09, 00:26)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 00:09)danny_ice Wrote: What are your over clock settings popcornmix if youbdont mind me asking?

Code:
arm_freq=1300
gpu_freq=500
over_voltage=4
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=600
over_voltage_sdram=5
sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
force_turbo=1

Thanks Smile
popcornmix,

Have you used the thermal pads on the Flirc case, and if so, are you able to remove the sd card?
Who's going to be the first person to make a Kodi-logo-shaped Pi heatsink?
(2016-03-09, 01:41)nooryani84 Wrote: Have you used the thermal pads on the Flirc case, and if so, are you able to remove the sd card?

Yes the thermal pad is present. I can just about get the sdcard out with my thumbnail.
A bit of sticky tape attached to the sdcard is one way of getting a better grip on it.
I can also vouch for the FLIRC case being top notch. I have used it with the thermal pad for my pi3 and have yet to see any sort of heat issues. Monitoring the temps on full blu-ray rips it barely pushes 50C...I haven't tested any 1080p X265 but 720p X265 again seems absolutely fine. Also that is with default config.txt.
(2016-03-09, 13:04)popcornmix Wrote: Yes the thermal pad is present. I can just about get the sdcard out with my thumbnail.
A bit of sticky tape attached to the sdcard is one way of getting a better grip on it.

Apologies for this Off-Topic comment ....

Got my Raspberry PI 3 today ... disappointed to discover the Micro SD card slot is no longer a "Push 'n' Lock" mechanism

It's gonna be a huge pain swapping out cards now with the case i have Sad

Gonna probably have to resort to sticky tape as popcornmix commented
(2016-03-09, 13:04)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 01:41)nooryani84 Wrote: Have you used the thermal pads on the Flirc case, and if so, are you able to remove the sd card?

Yes the thermal pad is present. I can just about get the sdcard out with my thumbnail.

Thanks. Is it sticky on both sides or can the case be opened without damaging the thermal pad?
(2016-03-09, 18:01)nooryani84 Wrote: Thanks. Is it sticky on both sides or can the case be opened without damaging the thermal pad?

I had two RPi2s in FLIRC cases that have been upgraded to RPi3s. When opening both FLIRC cases the thermal pad remained attached to the RPi2 SoCs and required delicate handling when transplanting to the RPi3s - I removed the pads with a craft knife but even so it's very easy for the pad to break apart.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I see. I was just hoping that I would be able to remove the sd card without destroying the thermal pads. Will just have to be careful then Smile
(2016-03-09, 19:59)nooryani84 Wrote: I see. I was just hoping that I would be able to remove the sd card without destroying the thermal pads. Will just have to be careful then Smile

My thermal pad remained attached to the case and separated cleanly from the Pi.
I have removed the case and swapped the Pi a number of times. The pad is no longer sticky on the CPU side, but still seems to make good thermal contact and keeps the temperature low.

You don't need to remove the case to take out the sdcard. My thumbnail can do it, but if your nails are short a small screwdriver also works.
(A bit of sticky tape attached to the sdcard would likely also work).
This is great news! Sounds like a better solution than using a small heatsink on the Pi Smile
I recommend the tape trick for the sd card on the pi3, especially with the FLIRC Case. This way you can still take the card in/out without having to worry about taking the case apart. Also I watched a 720p HEVC for an hour last night...highest temp was 58C with the FLIRC case.
So I am confused, How is it that the Flirc case does any better of a cooling job than a say Copper heat-sink with some quality thermal paste ? From what I have been able to tell its just a hollow aluminum square that sandwiches a thermal pad to the CPU. I'm sure there is something I am missing.
bigger heatsink, since essentially the whole case is a heatsink.
So are you saying that top half is all aluminum and not just the square?

@Edit, Oh ok I see. Thank you folks, Just ordered my case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yellow square in corner pi30