Win Kodi 15.2 PVR Crash
I am looking for some help with Kodi hangs and crashes. From what I can see in the logs, it seems to be a result of the PVR, but the NPVR.log file doesn't show anything (that I can tell):

http://pastebin.com/TNt7ay6r

Kodi, on the other hand, has all sorts of errors!

The first 1500 lines or so shows several errors that I do not understand how to get rid of.

http://pastebin.com/8Ss8wv1d

There seem to be too many of these, and they occur over and over.

My PVR is NextPvr, but I don't think all of these errors can be blamed on the PVR.

Kodi often locks up whenever I attempt to change to a different channel.

My TV comes from an antenna on the roof, and that reception varies with the weather conditions. It seems like if the signal is weak, Kodi hangs or just crashes. If I tune to the same channel using the NextPVR interface, it generally shows no signal or a blank screen. My guess is that Kodi doesn't know how to do this.

Here is the log file showing the last 2500 lines leading up to the crash, but nothing in it appears to be the source of the crash:

http://pastebin.com/xBuMyVGY

If someone could tell me how to eliminate all of these small errors that occur all the time (like `PVR - ADDON::CAddonCallbacksPVR:TongueVRTransferTimerEntry - cannot find channel 8101 on client 756`), then I could post the full log in one pastebin link. As it is now, there are so many of these little errors all the time that pastebin will not accept my log file (too large).
I'm wondering if Kodi is complaining about recordings you've made in the past, for a channel you've no longer got in your database? ie, like you've deleted that channel at some later stage, or deleted the tuner that originally had that channel.

NextPVR itself has no problem with this scenario, but maybe Kodi doesn't like it, causing it to log this message? I don't think this is causing any crash though.
Usually, if I post about it here, one of the admins or moderators will see it has something to do with the PVR and tell me I have to go ask on the PVR forum. When I'm on the NextPVR forum, I'm told it's a Kodi issue and to ask here.

Quite a headache!

Years back when I had Windows Media Center and XBMC both installed on that machine, WMC had these virtual internet channels mapped in it, but my HDHomeRun tuners now know nothing about those.

I don't know where those messages are coming from, either.
If you wanted to supply me your npvr.db3, I could at least check if that's what it's complaining about. I don't think they're causing any problem, but it might cause some old recordings to not show in Kodi.
I've had the exact same issues as jp2code including the mystery channel 8101 error messages. I can truthfully state that the problem is within Kodi and not NEXTPVR because I've observed poor error recovery problems while watching streams over the Internet.

When I display the codecInfo, I can see the decoding errors piling up. If proper error recovery was taking place, the system would quickly latch on to the next key frame and resume playback just like a normal TV.

In all honesty, the problem is intermittent in nature which makes it more difficult to debug. My experience has shown that the source of the stream really doesn't matter. If the stream is interrupted, Kodi can go wild and I'll have to reboot my system in order to recover from the errors.
(2016-03-09, 03:46)jmooremcc Wrote: I've had the exact same issues as jp2code including the mystery channel 8101 error messages. I can truthfully state that the problem is within Kodi and not NEXTPVR because I've observed poor error recovery problems while watching streams over the Internet.

Regarding the timer error logs: Most probably this is an add-on problem as log indicates that the add-on supplies broken timers (@sub3 not recordings, this is another callback) to Kodi. The timer contains an identifier for a channel that was not supplied by the add-on. This could also be the reason for the channel switch problems.
jp2code, if you want to supply your database, I can check it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.2 PVR Crash0