• 48(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-10-25, 23:38)ricardopvz Wrote:
(2016-10-22, 22:09)hdmkv Wrote: Tried @ricardopvz's ROM and it indeed makes Play2's UX much improved over stock UI. However, my HD audio no sounds issues have returned (no TrueHD/ATMOS, no DTS-MA/X). Starting to suspect my Play2 unit may be a lemon.

Are those issues in Kodi/WMP/SPMC?
Unfortunately yes, in Kodi beta 3 and both forks. With stock v1.3, HD audio was mostly working after doing a factory reset and re-doing the necessary settings (Android, Refresh Rate switcher, and Kodi).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-10-26, 01:21)hdmkv Wrote: Unfortunately yes, in Kodi beta 3 and both forks. With stock v1.3, HD audio was mostly working after doing a factory reset and re-doing the necessary settings (Android, Refresh Rate switcher, and Kodi).

Can you try a DTS-HD file on the Android Plex app? It will use my HD audio passthrough code so we can see if the problem is in the box or in Kodi (or your misconfiguration :p)
in stock again! I just bought mine Big Grin
New update on my Android TV ROM: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...id-tv-v1-1
As Ricardo did not list a Changlog....

Additions I've noticed:
  • Google Play Music Added
  • Google Play Movies & TV now says "Watch in HD on this device" as does the majority of TV Shows
    (but newly released content may have restrictions)
  • The Power Button icon at the bottom of the ATV Home screen.
  • A new ROM Settings - to start an App automatically on bootup.
  • Improved Voice search in Apps
Untested (yet):
  • a TvHeadend server running in Android.
  • this server can either be used with the normal Kodi TvHeadend Addon Client or the ATV - Live Channels TvHeadend Beta App
This really is an excellent, flexible ATV OS ROM now ! Smile

In depth video review?
Is it possible to receive audio via Bluetooth headphones while watching live TV?
With this new ATV rom, Netflix is using the mobile app or the Android TV app?
(2016-10-31, 10:36)mujunk Wrote: Is it possible to receive audio via Bluetooth headphones while watching live TV?

Did not try, but should be possible.

(2016-11-02, 00:01)saturno28 Wrote: With this new ATV rom, Netflix is using the mobile app or the Android TV app?

Android TV one with 5.1 audio working
Very interested in the play2, read most of the comments, still wondering a few things... Used to have decent broadband and stream IPTV to Kodi but moved recently where broadband won't be enough but there's a satellite installation...
So:
1-For Irish Terrestrial Saorview + Satellite should I wait for combo tuner on Play2s?
2-Can I buy current Play2 and add USB tuner for terrestrial?
3-Already have kodi running on a mac mini, can I stream from play2 to mac mini?
4-In that same scenario, can EPG be connected to other Kodi box?

Now not sure about openelec / tvheadend, I understand it dual boots and stream within same machine as server/client...
So that prob means there should be no issue with 3 above...?

Worst case scenario, very tempted to take the whole box for a ride as is and throw the mac mini to better uses...
But it currently has ambibox ledpack + thunderbolt external drive bay for movies, I'd like to keep those if I could!

Thanks
(2016-11-02, 21:32)tokamakk Wrote: Very interested in the play2, read most of the comments, still wondering a few things... Used to have decent broadband and stream IPTV to Kodi but moved recently where broadband won't be enough but there's a satellite installation...
So:
1-For Irish Terrestrial Saorview + Satellite should I wait for combo tuner on Play2s?
2-Can I buy current Play2 and add USB tuner for terrestrial?
3-Already have kodi running on a mac mini, can I stream from play2 to mac mini?
4-In that same scenario, can EPG be connected to other Kodi box?

Now not sure about openelec / tvheadend, I understand it dual boots and stream within same machine as server/client...
So that prob means there should be no issue with 3 above...?

Worst case scenario, very tempted to take the whole box for a ride as is and throw the mac mini to better uses...
But it currently has ambibox ledpack + thunderbolt external drive bay for movies, I'd like to keep those if I could!

Thanks

1 - I've not heard of a terrestrial/satelite combo.

OpenELEC and the TvHeadend addon fixes 2, 3 and 4
My Android TV ROM with the TvHeadend zip fixes 3 and 4 ( will also fix 2 in the future)
Quote:1 - I've not heard of a terrestrial/satelite combo.

OpenELEC and the TvHeadend addon fixes 2, 3 and 4
My Android TV ROM with the TvHeadend zip fixes 3 and 4 ( will also fix 2 in the future)

Thanks
Just got play2 dvb-s, will add an external dvb-t USB tuner for Saorview.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saorview
Is it possible to watch one channel and record other channel from satellite with DVB-S2 Tuner?
Only with this same transponder . Play 2 has only single dvb-s2 tuner
thanks.
Even I have TWIN converter with two cables from my satellite?

does oscam works on wetek play2 properly?
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11