Canada Live Streams - New to this
Hi all, I just got an Android box (Zidoo 6 Pro). I have times when I'd like to watch tv live (news, sports, special events) and have seen very little in recent posts on live tv. I'd like live streams for Canadian networks (Global, CBC, CTV,CityTv and so on). All these stations are available OTA just not in my area.

Is there anything anyone has seen recently for this?

I'd like live stream US networks as well so any info on either topic welcome.

Apologies if there is stuff in the forum already. I didn't see anything for 2016 so nothing looks all that current on this subject.

If you know of working options, please provide repo links and specific add-on names if you can. I am still getting used to doing all of this.

Larry
see section 2.5 forum rules (wiki) & free content (wiki) no support for piracy here.
Networks, at least in Canada are available OTA if you are in the right location, so not sure how what I'm talking about is piracy.
(2016-03-08, 19:15)LarryL2 Wrote: Networks, at least in Canada are available OTA if you are in the right location, so not sure how what I'm talking about is piracy.

showbox is a piracy add-on. ota you can check out tvfool.com or antennaweb.org. my suggestion is a hdhomerun connect or extend for OTA.
Thanks for the links and if I could get OTA for them I would. So perhaps you can explain to me what your view is here.

If stations are available OTA but I can't get them at my location, is it considered piracy to watch those same stations on the internet via add-on?

And for clarity, I asked nothing about Showbox. I just mentioned it. So I'm not soliciting advice on that or the view of its piracy. My focus is the networks.
(2016-03-08, 20:01)LarryL2 Wrote: Thanks for the links and if I could get OTA for them I would. So perhaps you can explain to me what your view is here.

If stations are available OTA but I can't get them at my location, is it considered piracy to watch those same stations on the internet via add-on?

And for clarity, I asked nothing about Showbox. I just mentioned it. So I'm not soliciting advice on that or the view of its piracy. My focus is the networks.

As a rule we don't allow the mention of piracy apps regardless of whether you query is about them or not. As you tagged that to your query regarding live TV streams (including sports, events and foreign channels) it carried with it the implication that you wanted support with piracy in mind.

You can appreciate that we take the rules very seriously which is why we try to challenge all instances where we believe they may have been violated.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Absolutely and I didn't realize I'd crossed a line mentioning that so I appreciate you pointing it out.

Despite that do you have an answer for my question on live tv streaming? Or would you rather I open a new thread for that? Or is that out of line here too?
(2016-03-08, 20:22)LarryL2 Wrote: Absolutely and I didn't realize I'd crossed a line mentioning that so I appreciate you pointing it out.

Despite that do you have an answer for my question on live tv streaming? Or would you rather I open a new thread for that? Or is that out of line here too?

You can just edit your first post to remove the violation and state clearly what your query is to help people answer it. That being said I believe there has been some developments with Canadian television add-ons very recently on this very sub-forum.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
If those networks provide their content for free over the internet then it's possible that this would not be a copyright violation. Not very likely though IMO.

It those networks provide their content for a fee and you have paid that fee (more likely at least in the US) then there wouldn't be a piracy issue.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Dangelus, I've updated my original post as requested. Sorry about that!

wgstarks - shows are provided for most but not so much live watch. They are all available OTA but they are out of range where I am. Appreciate the reply!
There are a few Canadian TV add-ons available, although whether they have live TV I don't know as I'm not in Canada to take advantage of them.

Have a look through this section of the forum and you should be able to find their threads to get download details (for those that aren't actually included in the official repo).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Canada Live Streams - New to this0