Streaming with Jarvis 16.1
Hey Batter...no worries my friend. You're trying to help me and I truly appreciate it, so, you take whatever time you need. I know we all have lives, and you have to take time out of yours to help a pud like me!!

I'll give your suggestions a go over the weekend. Perhaps I'll load up Plex on this PC as well, just to see if there's some kind of NW protocol problem.

As to Kodi "starting up", during my tests, Kodi had been running on my PC for probably close to an hour before I tried anything.

Anyway...I definately do have easier files to test with, I just had that on a stick so it was quick and easy.

Cheers...and thanks again.
Hey Batter...
Just a bit of diagnostic's on my end is leading me to believe that I might be missing a MS service or something. I've installed "Universal Media Server" from Sourceforge.net. Seems fairly soft impact on a pc, and has a number of the popular protocols etc. It shows up nicely on my iPad using a program called iNfuse, which is a popular DLNA/UPNP player.

I was able to map a movie and mp3 directory, but it cannot open the folders.

Gonna keep playing, but now I'm becoming more sure it's my system, and not Kodi (you probably already knew that).

.....deeper down the rat hole... Sad
When I used to waste time with UPnP on my Panny TV I initially played with Windows Media Player. It is on the PC, so give it a kick. Fire it up and make sure it can see some music and films.

Once you have them in the media player, have a look down the left hand side. Can it see KODI? And can KODI see it over the network?

I know I have played with this before to push things from KODI to the Panny TV. As well as direct PlayTo support from Windows Media Player.

If you are playing with WMP, then you also need to make sure you find the "Media Streaming Options" and give the various UPnP devices permissions.

That's a thought... what is your firewall set as? Are you in "Home" or "Work" or "Public"? You need to be "Home" to make this all work.

Or have you got some 3rd party firewall that is getting in the way?
Project is on hold. I'm going to do a Windows 10 upgrade and see if that "fixes" things.

At this point, I'm confident it's not a Kodi issue and more either a Win7 Services issue, or software firewall issue. Even though all the proper services seem to be running, and my firewalls and virus program seem to be passing them, you never know.

The odd thing has always been that the "broadcasts" are being seen (ie. I can see the Samsung Smart TV in the living room from my Kodi machine in my den), and if I run MMC or any other video server packages, they can all see each other, but none of them play remotely.

Just very odd.....
[SOLVED]
So, I guess there was a problem with what ever services were required for streaming under Windows 7.

I upgraded to Windows 10, and the problem corrected it's self!
Brilliant. So a fresh OS kicked it back to life. I expect it is just plain new code in Win 10 that is working cleaner for you. Win7 was always a bit clunky with UPnP and a little too reliant on Windows Media Player.
Well, yes, but when I first came to know Kodi (this year), it work splendidly on 7. Don't know what happened.

But, yes, W10 brought it back to life, so, I'm a happy camper Wink !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming with Jarvis 16.10