So will Confluence be abandoned?
I am a Speech user of Kodi through KodiTTS addon that Ruuk created. I tested Krypton (17) with the new Estuary Skin. While much of it is still readable and there are couple things I kinda liked about it. Unfortunately, Much of it made navigating very difficult for me, and some of it is not readable. While I'm sure the unreadable stuff can be fixed. Still much of it made navigation difficult, Primarily the lack of list views and having to guess whether to move up, down left right as opposed to knowing I am in a list.

My fear being that Ya'll will stop developing on Confluence, and us blind folk will start missing out on features and enhancements do to difficulty of navigating a much more visually busy interface. So my question and humble request be that maybe you continue to work on Confluence and possible include Confluence skin in the installers so that at least in windows we can select it and exclude Estuary?
I think it's Estuary actually.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-03-09, 03:42)Traker1001 Wrote: I am a Speech user of Kodi through KodiTTS addon that Ruuk created. I tested Krypton (17) with the new Exodus Skin. While much of it is still readable and there are couple things I kinda liked about it. Unfortunately, Much of it made navigating very difficult for me, and some of it is not readable. While I'm sure the unreadable stuff can be fixed. Still much of it made navigation difficult, Primarily the lack of list views and having to guess whether to move up, down left right as opposed to knowing I am in a list.

My fear being that Ya'll will stop developing on Confluence, and us blind folk will start missing out on features and enhancements do to difficulty of navigating a much more visually busy interface. So my question and humble request be that maybe you continue to work on Confluence and possible include Confluence skin in the installers so that at least in windows we can select it and exclude Exodus?

It wont be part of any installers anymore, sorry. I might get in contact with the add-on author to fix those problems. If that does not work out, one of our team members (Hitcher) will make sure that for the time being Confluence is part of the official repositories and supports all new functions Kodi offers.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
So will Confluence no longer be updated? Why completely exclude it from future version installers? As I said, I inquire because usability is much better with Confluence for us Blind folks. While I am sure the speech addon can probably be fixed, Estuary, just has to many directions one can go in finding selections and seems to be actually less customisable as far as views, menu items and such go.
Also one thing I am noticing, Is on my little Celeron nuc, when running estuary things seem to slow down a bit.
(2016-03-09, 04:33)Traker1001 Wrote: So will Confluence no longer be updated?
Read what I wrote. One of our team members will take care of it for the time being.

(2016-03-09, 04:33)Traker1001 Wrote: Why completely exclude it from future version installers?
Why should we include non-default skins? Installing additional skins from the repo takes just some very few clicks more compared to switching skins.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Those steps can be very hard if you're blind.

However, I'm sure a solution can be figured out. Maybe someone makes a script that runs outside of Kodi that grabs Confluence (or some other screen reader-friendly skin) and edits guisettings.xml to use it? Or maybe a screen reader-ready fork/mod hosted somewhere? There are lots of possibilities.
Hello, I have to retract my previous statements. I spoke to soon and I apologize. The slow downs I was noticing were do to something else not even related to Kodi. Upon further use Estuary is not as scary as it seemed to me. beyond some of the speech items not playing which I amReally hoping Ruuk and maybe some others might look into and if need be you guys will work with him, Really the only fear at the moment is that is that I can not change the View to List in many areas and addons.

For example, In Video/Files/PlayOn which is my UPNP Playon server, I am stuck navigating everything in Grid view, which with speech is kinda difficult. Another example is as soon as you enter youtube addon for example, its stuck as grid view. Also Notice that I can't get to some items via Keyboard. I.E. Main menu, right arrow from videos and you get Files, Playlist and Library root. I see that there are to selections below that can't be touched unless mouse is used.

I am hoping that this being so early in the game these are just general over sights. Beyond that it actually seems to be a much nicer interface than my original playing with it seemed. You have my apologies for jumping before I researched a bit more.

And my greatest appreciation for considering the folks in need of accessibility.
All of Estuary should be navigable via keyboard. I don't think I've had the experience you are describing, unless I'm misunderstanding something.
An existing user of Kodi using Confluence should notice no difference, as has been said Confluence has now moved to the repo and will continue to be updated. From what I've been told (I've not had time to try it myself) then if you install a new version of Kodi over the top of the old version then all that should happen is that Confluence is moved to Userdata and will remain the skin you see when starting Kodi. The only time you will see Estuary by default is when doing a clean install with no previous Userdata available to the new install.
@natethomas The navigation can be done on keyboard for someone that can see Smile

Go to music view from home, you then get to a grid view that you can't change to listview.

And grid view for blind users are a nightmare, because navigation is bad. When you go right and get to the last item, if you continue to go right you go to the scroll bar, if you go right again you return to item and again and again.

So it's very hard to navigate all the entries since you never know if you need to go right or down / left without counting in your head how many grid items are shown.

In a list it's easy you always just have to go down.

From what I understand an option that change navigation in grid from right on most right item continues to next line first item could fix this problem for blind users.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So will Confluence be abandoned?0