Modifying the Video OSD/Overlay
I'm currently in the process of tweaking my system and I'd like to modify the OSD (the overlay on the bottom part of the video as circled). I'd like to have the "Movie Year" on this info overlay. I've been directed to the "videoplayer.year" item. Having discovered this already in several XML files. I am not quite sure what this overlay is actually called and where I would modify it. I thought a debug log would help, but found info doesn't actually give a description -(just a key press ID and an Action ID) Could someone point me in the right direction. Thx very much.

Any suggestions how/where the "Year" info should sit in this screen would be greatly appreciated (for uniformity). I was thinking eg - Clear and Present Danger (1994). Not sure if this will look cluttered or not, or whether another line should be added under the title.
How about... VideoOverlay.xml?
It is in videofullscreen.xml
I personally would place the year on the second line:

"1994 - Action / Thriller / Drama"

Tyson
CHI3f Wrote:It is in videofullscreen.xml

This is the one. Thx for that. I'll continue to experiment.
Here is the result. I think it looks quite good and I'm happy. Some questions still remain...

I inserted a new control before the VideoPlayer.Genre one-

<control type="label" id="1">
<description>current_event_description</description>
<width>100</width>
<posx>160</posx>
<posy>30</posy>
<info>VideoPlayer.Year</info>
<align>left</align>
<font>special12</font>
</control>

and modified the position of the VideoPlayer.Genre control.

I am certain there is a cleaner way of doing this - probably modifying the VideoPlayer.Genre control so that the year falls before it? I wasn't quite sure how to do that. Any chance of an example?

Also, how would you put the year in brackets after the title? What about a dash with spaces.

eg "Clear and Present Danger (1994)
eg "Clear and Present Danger - 1994

I looked throughout other xml files, but none seemed to use the <info> expression - they used the <label> form.

Where can I learn more about this - specifically for XBMC? Again, thx for the input.
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Year] - $INFO[VideoPlayer.Genre]</label>
instead of
<info>VideoPlayer.Genre</info>
and delete the new control you made
Jezz_X Wrote:<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Year] - $INFO[VideoPlayer.Genre]</label>
instead of
<info>VideoPlayer.Genre</info>
and delete the new control you made

Thx very much for that. I wasn't sure I should replace the <info> tag with a <label> tag, but that settles it. Regards Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifying the Video OSD/Overlay0