Couple of Color Themes for Project Mayhem III, Red & Blue
OK well I decided since I made the option I better get the ball rolling so to speak so I made 2 color themes for Project Mayhem III Blue and Red

You will need an XBMC higher than Revision: 8909 for these to work proper but they should still work on the current t3ch just the textcolor wont change if you don't have Revision: 8909 or up only the images will

To use them copy the media and PAL folders in the rars to your Project Mayhem III dirs on your xbox then go into settings and select the right theme and restart XBMC. ( The PAL dir contains the TextColor.xml than will change the text, I'm still debating about adding the color changer script ) If you want to change the color back to default (green/yellow) you will need to copy over the default TextColor.xml file

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD BLUE THEME

Image Image

Image Image
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD RED THEME

Image Image

Image Image
Couple questions... While I knew of the xpr theme concept (I have red blue and orange currently) the xml file is new to me.. if in the case of install as youve mentioned above we copy the xpr to media folder and then the text*xml to the pal folder when you add one youre overwriting the text*.xml file. Or is this just general data... if its theme specific your killing settings for a pre existing theme when you put on a new one.

Meer points of curiosity, but any explanation would be wonderful
Its basically just over writeing the text colors so they match the theme I recently in revision 8909 moved all the textcolors out into includes so they can all be changed by just changing the 1 xml file instead of re-editing heaps of files.
Before if you applied a color theme you would still have the grenn text with the new images this way you don't you have matching text

Also these themes are upto date with the current svn the older ones will be missing stuff probably
Thanks! Are there any plans to have the text name reflect the theme Text-Red.xml so multiple text files can be kept for multiple themes?

**I ask for speculatory purposes as I realize this is a new concept and issues are being worked out still.
Its not really a new concept mc360 was the first to have it and xTV, Xbox-Classic, Containment, Vision all do it for their themes. The only real thing I'm trying to decide is how to impliment the switching. All the other skins use a python script (run from skin settings) that Donno made to change the xml internals and reload the skin.

This system works really well but I'm hesitant about working it into PM3 because really its a third party addon doing things the hard way instead of a nice simple built in way. So worse comes to worse I will use that method but I'd rather sit down with jmarshall and think of something better
Ooooh nice... I like the blue theme, any chance we could get a link with the source files included as I'm currently using a custom pm3 mod myself? Big Grin
If I can work out a nice way to change the text colors I will probably add theme to the svn since both come under 500k each and I recently shaved 8mb off default.xpr

edit : Ohh just remembered you could probably use XPR Express to unpack them
if you have Red.xpr the program could look for a folder called Red and use it to overide the current xmls if they are present if not use default ones eg Red/Pal/Home.xml would over ride Pal/Home.xml if you have Red.xpr theme if not use Pal/Home.xml Rolleyes
BP ... that looks an aweful lot like a new skin....

maybe just a red.xml that is autoincluded in every skin xml?
Or we define a default include file that skinners can use

ThemeDefault.xml

and override with:

Theme<name>.xml

That way all the default stuff is in ThemeDefault.xml, and anything in there is overridden by the new theme. XBMC therefore just checks for the other theme override whenever it sees ThemeDefault.xml

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hello,

the screenshots look really nice! going straight foward to do a test....Big Grin

cu lolol
Cheers Jezz! Going to try that out now Big Grin

@jm - Sounds great, I'm assuming that would mean we could override any xml files defined in a skin?
No. It would override the *single* xml file ThemeDefault.xml

This ofcourse could be included anywhere you like, so you technically could change practically anything.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Its not a new skin at all. The code would lookup /Red/Pal/Mypics.xml if it cant find it, it would then use /Pal/Mypics.xml (for every file it would first try the Red folder if the file doesnt exist it would drop back to default folders). So you just create a folder with the same name as the the xpr and use the same folder structure for every file you wish to replace all others would fall back to the default. This doesnt kill compatibility of any skin and makes it easy to patch in themes. It also means that if you select a theme called /NoGames.xpr you could add a folder NoGames and remove all the links to my games from any or all xmls. It allows for much larger themes than just colors and means you can totally rearrange the skin for an HD theme or an In car small LCD screen theme. If you wanted to change the colors under the old way you just make Red.xpr and a a folder caled Red, and in Red/Pal/include.xml change the colors

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple of Color Themes for Project Mayhem III, Red & Blue0