Kodi in China
Hi

Im off to china for a work trip and need my kodi, or at least firestick to work

Can anyone help?

Andy
What's the problem?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
They block the net in China, I have to use a vpn on my laptop/phone just to access Facebook. I'm assuming that kodi streams will be blocked also
Can you not share your VPN from one of them to the stick? Or just take media with you rather than trying to stream stuff, or is that too old fashioned?

There are various VPN solutions and add-ons around, but whether they work on the Firestick I have no idea, and it's not something we especially support anyway as it's a bit outside of our remit.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
You could set up the vpn inside Android and it should work, I used that method when I was in Malta a couple of years ago for Netflix and iPlayer
if you want to make vpn work on firestick, the only possible solution is to configure the specific vpn to a router and internet access from it. BTW which vpn did you use previously ?
Just take a memory stick with your media on it. Kodi isn't just about "streams".
What streams exactly?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi in China0