Apple TV 4 - Remote Talk
(2016-03-09, 18:03)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 17:09)Cougar 1 Wrote: @ DanTheMan827

So what is new with the TVOS build March 3? Worth updating?

The missing PVR add-ons are back and there's a new default skin (Estuary)

Thank you Daniel for the reply.

Only issue I have with the app, is using the Included (new) Apple Remote on the Apple Tv4. Scrolling through a list is difficult with the side-menu popping up all the time when trying to scroll to select.
Might be an issue with how the remote works and not with the app?
(2016-03-09, 18:24)Cougar 1 Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 18:03)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 17:09)Cougar 1 Wrote: @ DanTheMan827

So what is new with the TVOS build March 3? Worth updating?

The missing PVR add-ons are back and there's a new default skin (Estuary)

Thank you Daniel for the reply.

Only issue I have with the app, is using the Included (new) Apple Remote on the Apple Tv4. Scrolling through a list is difficult with the side-menu popping up all the time when trying to scroll to select.
Might be an issue with how the remote works and not with the app?

The first rule about the Apple TV remote is that you don't talk about the Apple TV remote...

But really... it's something that isn't the easiest to work with since Kodi itself only accepts key presses and clicks for inputs

As such the remote has to be programmed to simulate key presses...

You CAN however use an older Apple remote and that does work with the Apple TV

You could also use just about any universal remote with the Apple TV
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
* MrMC glares at DanTheMan827 for mentioning the Apple TV remote. No soup for you Smile
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
also you can tap on the remote - just get used to it and stop swiping on that shitty thing...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-03-09, 21:47)Memphiz Wrote: also you can tap on the remote - just get used to it and stop swiping on that shitty thing...

Although you strangely can't tap and hold...

Maybe if it wouldn't be too difficult, it would be possible to add an option that turns off swiping altogether and just treats the touchpad like a d-pad of sorts?
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Wow, didn't mean to get some sort of war going.

The Apple remote is fine for the normal Apple TV stuff, might not be ideal when using Kodi but why all the negativity over the remote?

Yes I did try with old remote and it works fine but missing out on "Home" function of the new one?
a tap and hold is a touch Smile

I'm not against the siri remote, it's just a real pain in the rear to control. Pick it up, 50 percent of the time it's facing the wrong way. Pick it up wrong and accidentally touch the touch pad and zip you are off doing things you don't want to do. And it does not help that the concept of a 'focus engine' is non-existent in the code. It was designed for key presses, the way tv remotes works since day one.

I had to hide mine to keep our cats from making it do strange things when they walked on it Smile
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
lol
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello,
Is anyone else having problems with their Siri remote where you have to press long on the swipe pad to select? This issue is only in Kodi, not in any other app on the Apple TV. Kodi does not respond to a simple click. I have to hold it down for 2 seconds for Kodi to register. 3-4 seconds for the long press option... All other buttons line the "Menu" button or "Play/Pause" button respond immediately.

I didn't have this issue when I sideloaded Kodi for the first time, but somewhere along the way, this changed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled since then, and the problem is still there. Right now, I'm running the nightly version 0319. Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4 - Remote Talk0