Kodi Jarvis reverting back to 15.1- running 10.11.3 El Capitan
Hey guys, so I have been able to upgrade to Jarvis but after a day or so, when logging back into Kodi and open up the app, it reverts itself to an earlier version. All my shortcuts are gone, etc.

When I install I simply run the app, and have not uninstalled previous versions. Should it matter how I install? Haven't seen any advice suggesting the proper way.

Thanks
no clue how this could happen beside a time mashine backup which you restored or so? Installing Kodi on osx means dragging the app into the Applications folder and overwriting the old one. I emphasize the word "overwrite" here which would make it hard to automagically revert back to the former version.

Whatever it is - its nothing that kodi does or even theoretically could do.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-03-10, 09:20)Memphiz Wrote: no clue how this could happen beside a time mashine backup which you restored or so? Installing Kodi on osx means dragging the app into the Applications folder and overwriting the old one. I emphasize the word "overwrite" here which would make it hard to automagically revert back to the former version.

Whatever it is - its nothing that kodi does or even theoretically could do.

yeah it's weird. Just noticed however that my app still shows an older version, so perhaps I never replaced it properly...will let you know and thanks. I don't really use Time Machine either.
It sounds like maybe you were running Kodi from the disk image, instead of having first copied it to the Applications folder?
(2016-03-11, 01:59)Ned Scott Wrote: It sounds like maybe you were running Kodi from the disk image, instead of having first copied it to the Applications folder?

yep, thinking so. For other devices running I only had to run the app and all updated. Seems fine now, thanks for the suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Jarvis reverting back to 15.1- running 10.11.3 El Capitan0