Release NHK World Japan Live
Hello,

I'm a new Kodi user, and installed the NHK World Japan Live add-on a few months ago.
I'm running Win7-64, and about 1 week ago, the plug-in has an error.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what is the workaround?

I also installed Kodi Jarvis + NHK on a different home machine, and see the same error message.

NHK live is one of the main reasons why I use Kodi. If someone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

- Steve O.
(2016-09-18, 14:12)shosugi Wrote: Hello,

I'm a new Kodi user, and installed the NHK World Japan Live add-on a few months ago.
I'm running Win7-64, and about 1 week ago, the plug-in has an error.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what is the workaround?

I also installed Kodi Jarvis + NHK on a different home machine, and see the same error message.

NHK live is one of the main reasons why I use Kodi. If someone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

- Steve O.
Thanks for reporting this, website change requires minor change.
Version 3.0.5 has been submitted to the kodi.org, update should be available in a few days.
I've this same problem!Undecided
(2016-09-20, 11:42)geoprojection Wrote: I've this same problem!Undecided

Please read the post before yours.
Now my kodi back work so well
Not done anything
Returned alone.Big GrinLaugh
(2016-09-21, 19:19)geoprojection Wrote: Now my kodi back work so well
Not done anything
Returned alone.Big GrinLaugh

It auto-updated from the repo when the fixed version was available.
Hello,

Only a few days after my initial post, the plug-in was updated. I can watch NHK World again - thank you very much!

I do have one more question:
When there is a list of different programs on the NHK World, I am only able to begin viewing from the top-most item.
Is there a way to skip or select specific NHK programs from a list?

Otherwise, I end up watching 2-3 showings of Newsline between the specialty programs.

- Steve O.
(2016-10-09, 13:24)shosugi Wrote: Hello,

Only a few days after my initial post, the plug-in was updated. I can watch NHK World again - thank you very much!

I do have one more question:
When there is a list of different programs on the NHK World, I am only able to begin viewing from the top-most item.
Is there a way to skip or select specific NHK programs from a list?

Otherwise, I end up watching 2-3 showings of Newsline between the specialty programs.

- Steve O.

The items displayed are the EPG (you can see the time of the show in the listing) for the real-time live stream, all of them will open the live stream at the current time.
Hello again,

Maybe it is just me, but I am seeing plug-in errors for the NHK World with Kodi again.
Is anyone else seeing this, too?

If there is a workaround, please share the info here.

Thank you very much for supporting this; we watch this during dinner every evening!

- Steve O.
V3.0.6 has fix for problem in above post. A PR has been submitted to the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.
Yes! We were able to watch NHK again yesterday evening. Back to normal; thank you very much Big Grin
Very strange:
I am unable to play anything from this plugin - it's buffering at 0%, with this error "invalid framerate 90000, using forced 25fps and just trust timestamps".
also playing the same URLs extracted from the plugin (e.g. http://web-cache.stream.ne.jp/www11/nhkw...ve_wa.m3u8) don't play

but, playing the same URLs on my PC with VLC runs perfectly clean.

It's not a bandwidth-problem as PC and KODI are both connected to the same LAN, with speeds up to 300MBit/sec, other streams play perfectly.

Seems like NHK-World tries to prohibit using KODI ...

Using Kodi 17 on Ubuntu16.04.

Thank you for the plugin!
Hi,

NHK not working after the system upgraded to the newest version. Is there any upgrade to this add-on?

thanks,

Steve
Not to steer you away from this very fine addon, but did you try other alternative, Best of NHK addon. See kodi forum thread.
(2017-02-16, 20:21)thickman Wrote: Hi,

NHK not working after the system upgraded to the newest version. Is there any upgrade to this add-on?

thanks,

Steve

(2017-02-16, 23:30)panon Wrote: Not to steer you away from this very fine addon, but did you try other alternative, Best of NHK addon. See kodi forum thread.

I believe that the first poster may be referring to the Best of NHK add-on , the NHK Live doesn't seem to have any problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NHK World Japan Live0