Req PLEASE move favourites to the menu
(2016-03-15, 14:58)allan87 Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 07:49)Gothicawakening Wrote: I Like the star in it's current location.
I am puzzled by this down vote. Could you please explain how the suggestion would diminish its utility to you? The point is to make it more accessible and intuitive.

I like that favorites is not in the menus, that it is a in a unique place with it's own icon.

To me it's very intuitive and easy to access from ANY part of the 10ft interface (ie. Down -> Down on the remote)

If it is in the menu and my interface is focused at a different place (Say Programs or System) I may have to do more clicks and it would be less intuitive to get to. I would also have to think if it was left or right from where I was.. with the current layout it's always down.
Makes no sense to me. If you spend spend most of your Kodi time fiddling with your settings, you would want your favourites proximate to that. If you spend most of your Kodi time watching media (which is, I believe the idea), you would want your favourites in the main menu.
+1 Move favorites to the main menu (and it would be nice if we could reorder the main menu items)
Is anyone else having a problem changing back to the skin they where using before estuary ?
Estuary is a great skin but cannot add things to the menu.. good example is would be great to add favourites Wink
(2016-03-16, 03:47)Gothicawakening Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 14:58)allan87 Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 07:49)Gothicawakening Wrote: I Like the star in it's current location.
I am puzzled by this down vote. Could you please explain how the suggestion would diminish its utility to you? The point is to make it more accessible and intuitive.

I like that favorites is not in the menus, that it is a in a unique place with it's own icon.

To me it's very intuitive and easy to access from ANY part of the 10ft interface (ie. Down -> Down on the remote)

If it is in the menu and my interface is focused at a different place (Say Programs or System) I may have to do more clicks and it would be less intuitive to get to. I would also have to think if it was left or right from where I was.. with the current layout it's always down.

Favourites should be at the very top of the menu.. ie FAVOURITES Smile < THE CLUE IS IN THE WORD ITSELF Smile
Personally, I like Boxee's skin idea, where hitting the home button when not playing a video would pop up a modal window containing your favorites alongside a list of handy shortcuts to main-menu items. "Next Up" items could be added here too, allowing for faster navigation without always being forced to back-out to home every time.

Probably not a great idea to do something so radical for the default skin though, as it's supposed to fit the usage requirements of most people while annoying as few as possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PLEASE move favourites to the menu1