series recording question
I just got kodi/nextpvr all setup. I am setting up series recordings. My question is will it record all episodes on a particular channel no matter what time they are on? Or will it only record that time slot? Is there a way to make it record all episodes of "whatever show" on a particular channel?

It appears it should do that but I have many recordings set. I go to timers.. select the scheduled show.. which then should show which shows are scheduled to record and many of them have nothing in it. Some of the shows have been on and one is even on right now that is set to record but it is not.

thanks again!

** Sheesh, its constant learning and figuring stuff out lol.. well it appears if I just add a normal series recording it will do everything on that channel.. not just the time frame I created it in (which I am sure most of you know already, I am just figuring stuff out still). The problem is in kodi it does not show all future recordings, but if I load up nextpvr app itself it does show scheduled recordings and everything seems to be in there. I guess just need to wait and see what actually records and appears within kodi.
Okay, so this is what is going on. When a recorded show is completed, kodi will notify on top of the screen that the recording is done, the problem is it is not showing up in recordings unless I close kodi and reopen it. How do I fix this so it stays up to date and shows recordings without having to close and reopen kodi?
It can take the nextpvr addon 10 minutes of so to realize their has been changes to NextPVR's recording list. It will eventually reload the list though.

The list updates immediately in nextpvr itself, it's just the addon for kodi that's a bit slower with updates
(2016-03-11, 06:54)sub3 Wrote: It can take the nextpvr addon 10 minutes of so to realize their has been changes to NextPVR's recording list. It will eventually reload the list though.

The list updates immediately in nextpvr itself, it's just the addon for kodi that's a bit slower with updates

Okay, I am pretty sure it has not updated once though for me unless I have reloaded kodi. There is a show recording right now.. I will see if/when it shows up after its done recording.. I will be sure to leave kodi open to test it out.

thanks.

Also (and I am sorry for so many questions!! Smile) Is there a way to customize the guide look/colors/theme within kodi? I am using amber skin.
Okay, its been 25 minutes since the recording is over and it still is not showing up in recordings. I will give it some more time and see.. but I don't think it will update until after I exit kodi and reload it.
Okay, its definitely not refreshing on its own. there were a few shows that recorded hours ago, not in the list.. but if i exit kodi and reenter they show up or if I delete one from the recordings from the list then they will refresh and show up.. what can I do to fix this?

thanks again!

** Since my issue has changed since this thread has started I will start a new one with new topic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
series recording question0