v16 No Video controls shown on OUYA with CM 11 since update to Jarvis
I recently updated to Jarvis and now I cannot see video controls like timeline etc. when playing videos (from a NFS).

I already tried to delete data, but it did not help. Also I cannot use the mousecoursor when playing a video.
Disable "Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec (Surface)" <- exactly this one!
In Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration
Thanks, I will try that. But can this get fixed, so I can use this feature again?
I think it's simply how the OUYA hardware and/or firmware is handling the situation. It treats the HDMI port kind of like an external display. If you have Kodi installed on a tablet and use an HDMI adapter then you see the same thing, where only video is shown and no OSD, as the video "layer" (or "surface"?) is independent of the GUI.

It won't hurt anything on an OUYA to have "mediacodec (surface)" turned off, since it can't do 4K. As long as the other "mediacodec" option is enabled, then you still have hardware decoding.
Alright, thanks for clarification.
I guess it is not possible to detect devices which have problems with this feature and auto-disable it for them?
Awesome that worked great.

Sent from my iPhone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Video controls shown on OUYA with CM 11 since update to Jarvis0