Python based PVR addon
Hi All,

I've been working on a Python based PVR addon, instead of implementing and compiling a binary addon. I already have a proof of concept, where Kodi must be modified, new Python addon module was created and so on.
So there is a generic Python PVR binary addon, which acts like a proxy, starts the script, and calls into the script when the PVR API is called. The parameter exchange is done by dictionaries, and the key names are the actual PVR struct field names.

Here is a working python script example, which implements the PVR Demo addon shipped with Kodi, but using a python script.

Do you guys think that this kind of feature might be needed?

Here is the script example: http://paste.osmc.io/zafugukixi.py
Interesting Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Please do it. I would be more than happy not having to compile kodi for a gazillion of platforms to develop an iptv addon.
+1 !!!
I registered here just to show my enthusiasm for this!

I've been hoping for a long time that Python support for writing PVR addons would be added. Your idea seems like a perfect way to get that functionality right now.
Any news on this?

Definitely +1 here!
Also curious about news. Do you have a public repo by any chance?
Any update on this?
3 months now! Come On! Help Kodi Out!
All The Crap You Have To Do To Compile,
You have my support! +1 Rep Wink
-1 No thanks for python PVR's. Keep them compiled binary high performance executable code instead of scripts. I can just imagine a PVR which manages a huge recording list and python consuming gigabytes of RAM instead of megabytes. Recently had just such an experience with sabnzbd and switched to nzbget for this very reason-as well as lackluster responsiveness and gobbling CPU cycles. Learn how to program in a native language.
(2016-12-20, 01:23)qz3fwd Wrote: -1 No thanks for python PVR's. Keep them compiled binary high performance executable code instead of scripts. I can just imagine a PVR which manages a huge recording list and python consuming gigabytes of RAM instead of megabytes. Recently had just such an experience with sabnzbd and switched to nzbget for this very reason-as well as lackluster responsiveness and gobbling CPU cycles. Learn how to program in a native language.

He can do what he wants!
This is not the way, how we communicate in our community!
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Wouldn't Python based PVR Add-ons actually be a good thing for updateability on Android? I just recognized that I cannot update a binary add-on from repo or ZIP on Android TV as
Code:
/storage/emulated/
is mounted
Code:
noexec
. So binary add-ons can only be updated via full Kodi APK there!?
If anyone is interested in Python-based PVR addons, I've created a thread here with my own implementation.
Hello,

Thanks for the information.I am utilizing the PVR IPTV Simple Client addon. What I need to do is empower this addon as a matter of course in the construct. So when the assemble is introduced on the gadget - PVR IPTV Simple Client is empowered naturally. In the event that you can do this, connect. This is a dire assignment yet little undertaking and would should be finished.
Thanks...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python based PVR addon0