• 13(current)
Broken Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available
Is Discovery Channels still working for anyone?
(2019-11-07, 15:34)Eye in the sky Wrote: Is Discovery Channels still working for anyone?

More website changes. Sad Figured this was coming sooner or later.

I'll look into it this weekend and see if I can get it going again.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
So after a bit of tinkering, I've been able to restore virtually all functionality to the add-on. We've lost MotorTrend though, as they are either no longer offering unlocked episodes, or just have none available at this time. Otherwise the updated version functions the same as the previous version - there are occasional thumbnails that do not show, and the occasional unlocked episode that does not play. I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious here, but still just can't seem to nail down the cause of this behavior. I'll continue looking into it. On the plus side though, I'm seeing that there are more unlocked episodes available from some of the channels, they're just buried deeper within the API. It will take some time, but I hope to provide access to these via the add-on by months end (provided there are no more website changes that break my latest update). Meantime, please download the latest version from the link below, from the first post in this thread, or from my repository.

Discovery Channels - v 3.3.1

If you have any issues with the add-on, please enable log notifications in the add-on settings and post a link to a full debug log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Thank you very much, works fine so far, looking forward to the next update.
Has Animal Planet been working for anyone? All the other channels work except that one.
(2020-06-11, 05:46)Wagg Wrote: Has Animal Planet been working for anyone? All the other channels work except that one.

The json data format from Animal Planet has changed slightly and is causing that channel to fail. I'll look into fixing/patching it. I don't know if the other channels will follow with the same changes, so I might wait until the weekend and see if any others change too. I think the last time I had to make a major change to the code Animal Planet was the first one that adopted the new format.

Thanks for reporting the error.
(2020-06-11, 18:20)MetalChris Wrote:
(2020-06-11, 05:46)Wagg Wrote: Has Animal Planet been working for anyone? All the other channels work except that one.

The json data format from Animal Planet has changed slightly and is causing that channel to fail. I'll look into fixing/patching it. I don't know if the other channels will follow with the same changes, so I might wait until the weekend and see if any others change too. I think the last time I had to make a major change to the code Animal Planet was the first one that adopted the new format.

Thanks for reporting the error.
It's been like this for a couple of months now so I doubt anything else will change. I guess I'm the only one who likes watching The Zoo. 🤣
(2020-06-12, 06:41)Wagg Wrote: It's been like this for a couple of months now so I doubt anything else will change. I guess I'm the only one who likes watching The Zoo. 🤣

I like to watch that show from time to time, though it's obviously been a while.

I did look at this over the weekend, and found the changes were much more than I expected. I don't have much if any free time during the week though, so I'll try to get back to it next weekend and see if I can get it going again.
(2020-06-16, 00:56)MetalChris Wrote:
(2020-06-12, 06:41)Wagg Wrote: It's been like this for a couple of months now so I doubt anything else will change. I guess I'm the only one who likes watching The Zoo. 🤣

I like to watch that show from time to time, though it's obviously been a while.

I did look at this over the weekend, and found the changes were much more than I expected. I don't have much if any free time during the week though, so I'll try to get back to it next weekend and see if I can get it going again.

Any progress? I miss my Cat from Hell. lol
(2020-07-15, 04:44)Wagg Wrote:
(2020-06-16, 00:56)MetalChris Wrote:

Any progress? I miss my Cat from Hell. lol

Some, but obviously not enough. Time has been short lately and I haven't been able to stay on this. Hopefully I can get it sorted soon.
(2019-11-10, 14:25)Eye in the sky Wrote: Thank you very much, works fine so far, looking forward to the next update.

Tienen la dirección se los agradecería
(2020-08-11, 03:29)Maihempapa Wrote: Tienen la dirección se los agradecería

This is an English-only forum.
Please use a translator service when necessary, such as Google Translate.
Time for the monthly check-in.

Jackson Galaxy is calling my name. lol...
Matrix version available.

Discovery Channels - v 2021.10.10

I've removed channels that are not working (Animal Planet, Discovery Science, AHN, DIY). The code for these pages has changed greatly, but I'll work to add these back in when/if I can come up with a fix. This version will not be available from my repo.

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Thank you very much.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available1