• 2(current)
Broken Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available
(2016-03-12, 19:01)MetalChris Wrote: For those of you who have tried the add-on and are region blocked I apologize. I don't think there's anything I can do about this that would be within the legal bounds of use.

Is an option to specify a proxy in the add-on settings not possible?
(2016-03-12, 21:53)MetalChris Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 19:19)NeelP Wrote: I'm using mac. Using Kodi 16.1 RC1. Region : USA. Will post the log soon

(2016-03-12, 19:58)misty01 Wrote: Also on Mac, but using kodi 15.2. Also tried on Android and same failures.

(2016-03-12, 20:52)cd2022 Wrote: Works for Linux but error for Android.

I've confirmed the add-on is working with Windows and various 'buntu systems running Gotham thru Isengard, so looks like Android and Mac users are the odd ones out right now. I'm working on a fix. Hope to have something uploaded later this afternoon/evening, and hopefully it'll kill both birds with one stone.

Stay tuned...

It took a little longer than I planned, but I've put together a BETA version for Android and Mac OS X. Full episodes are working on my tablet (Android Lollipop), and my Hackintosh no longer throws an error when accessing the episode lists. Unfortunately, the Hackintosh does not play the full episode streams, although I think this may be due to the fact that it is maxed out at Snow Leopard (10.6.2) and only running Frodo.

EDIT: BETA link removed

Some caveats with the BETA:

It will list some full episodes which are not unlocked. These will generate a 'script failed' error if you attempt to stream these episodes. For instance, the Science Channel currently has only one unlocked episode available, but the BETA displays 8 or 9. This issue has now been fixed, and will not occur in the next full release.

Short video clip listings are somewhat 'hit and miss' (this issue also exists in v 3.1.5). It seems the listings on the various Discovery sites are not all 'standardized', and not all shows have short clips available. Error handling exists in both the BETA and the full version for shows that have no clips available, but the next full release will also handle errors where there are clips available but the add-on is unable to 'find' them due to the lack of standardized site formats. I'm also adding a Search function for the short clips which should serve as a good workaround in instances such as these.

(2016-03-13, 12:13)Eye in the sky Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 19:01)MetalChris Wrote: For those of you who have tried the add-on and are region blocked I apologize. I don't think there's anything I can do about this that would be within the legal bounds of use.

Is an option to specify a proxy in the add-on settings not possible?

I would consider doing so, provided someone from Team Kodi could confirm whether or not this would violate their policy.

Kodi does allow for setting a proxy in the System Settings. Is this not sufficient for your use?
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Quote:Kodi does allow for setting a proxy in the System Settings. Is this not sufficient for your use?
Should do, but users want the best of two worlds or more, kinda pointless soon enough though.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/netflix-...-1.3487368
Playing well [BETA] - v 0.0.1 in Android TV Box with LP 5.1.1 using VPN but a lot of buffering (maybe is the server..I don't know).
(2016-03-13, 18:42)MetalChris Wrote: Kodi does allow for setting a proxy in the System Settings. Is this not sufficient for your use?

A proxy in the add-on settings is a very convenient way of bypassing geo-restrictions if the channel is not supported by DNS.
(2016-03-13, 20:39)PatK Wrote:
Quote:Kodi does allow for setting a proxy in the System Settings. Is this not sufficient for your use?
Should do, but users want the best of two worlds or more, kinda pointless soon enough though.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/netflix-...-1.3487368

I guess this is just part of life in the Digital Age. I'm sure the 'cat and mouse' game will continue for some time though.

(2016-03-13, 21:38)xalaros10 Wrote: Playing well [BETA] - v 0.0.1 in Android TV Box with LP 5.1.1 using VPN but a lot of buffering (maybe is the server..I don't know).

Smile Thanks for the feedback.

Now if I could get some feedback from someone using Mac OS perhaps I could begin to finalize, and release, a version for all platforms.

(2016-03-14, 09:51)Eye in the sky Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 18:42)MetalChris Wrote: Kodi does allow for setting a proxy in the System Settings. Is this not sufficient for your use?

A proxy in the add-on settings is a very convenient way of bypassing geo-restrictions if the channel is not supported by DNS.

Yes, I understand. Right now though, my priority is getting this working across all platforms. Once that is accomplished, I can move on to other things.

Smile Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Works for my Fire TV 1st gen now. Thanks
(2016-03-14, 16:36)cd2022 Wrote: Works for my Fire TV 1st gen now. Thanks

Smile Thanks for the feedback.

Some caveats with the BETA:

It will list some full episodes which are not unlocked. These will generate a 'script failed' error if you attempt to stream these episodes. For instance, the Science Channel currently has only one unlocked episode available, but the BETA displays 8 or 9. This issue has now been fixed, and will not occur in the next full release.

Short video clip listings are somewhat 'hit and miss' (this issue also exists in v 3.1.5). It seems the listings on the various Discovery sites are not all 'standardized', and not all shows have short clips available. Error handling exists in both the BETA and the full version for shows that have no clips available, but the next full release will also handle errors where there are clips available but the add-on is unable to 'find' them due to the lack of standardized site formats. I'm also adding a Search function for the short clips which should serve as a good workaround in instances such as these.

Now, if I could just get some feedback from Mac users on the viability of the BETA...
All the channels are working in MAC KODI 16.1 RC1 . Great work : D Thank you

I tried several episodes from all the channels. None of them gave any script failed error
Here's my test results on 3 different platforms for beta v0.0.1.
The tests on these different platforms had the exact same results.

Mac OS X 10.7.5 / Kodi 15.2
Samsung tablet Android 4.2.2 / Kodi 15.2
Windows 7 / Kodi 15.2

Discovery Channel - Working
Animal Planet - Working
Discovery Science - One video plays, all others fail to play (Behavior as explained in post # 23).
Investigation Discovery - Working
American Heroes - A few play, others don't play (Behavior as explained in post # 23).
Velocity - All full length videos don't play. (Behavior as explained in post # 23). Video clips menu also errors out.
Destination America - No full length videos listed. Only "Video Clips sorted by show". Video clips play
TLC - Working
Discovery Life - All full length videos don't play (Behavior as explained in post # 23). Video clips play.
Discovery Kids - Video clips play, but some video links result in "No stream available" (Behavior as explained in post # 23).
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19. Install via my k19-addons repository.
(2016-03-15, 00:03)NeelP Wrote: All the channels are working in MAC KODI 16.1 RC1 . Great work : D Thank you

I tried several episodes from all the channels. None of them gave any script failed error

Ah, I've been waiting for this. Smile Thanks for the feedback.

(2016-03-15, 06:30)misty01 Wrote: Here's my test results on 3 different platforms for beta v0.0.1.
The tests on these different platforms had the exact same results.

Mac OS X 10.7.5 / Kodi 15.2
Samsung tablet Android 4.2.2 / Kodi 15.2
Windows 7 / Kodi 15.2

Discovery Channel - Working
Animal Planet - Working
Discovery Science - One video plays, all others fail to play (Behavior as explained in post # 23).
Investigation Discovery - Working
American Heroes - A few play, others don't play (Behavior as explained in post # 23).
Velocity - All full length videos don't play. (Behavior as explained in post # 23). Video clips menu also errors out.
Destination America - No full length videos listed. Only "Video Clips sorted by show". Video clips play
TLC - Working
Discovery Life - All full length videos don't play (Behavior as explained in post # 23). Video clips play.
Discovery Kids - Video clips play, but some video links result in "No stream available" (Behavior as explained in post # 23).

Smile Thanks for being so thorough!

I've found that the short clips menu on Velocity has some kind of weird character in one of the show names that is causing a parsing issue. I think it's the accent in Cafe Racer. I'm going to try using another parser. Once that is solved, I should be able to clean up the code and finalize a unified version for all platforms.
Is there an APK file I can install to a firestick?
Version 3.1.6 is now available. I've tested on Linux, Mac OS, Android, and Windows, running Gotham, Helix, and Isengard, and experienced no issues. Please download from the link below:

Discovery Channels - v 3.1.6

Please see the first post for more details on the changes made in this version.

Any and all feedback is welcome, and appreciated. Let me know how I'm doing! Smile

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).

(2016-03-16, 05:08)jbjdawg21 Wrote: Is there an APK file I can install to a firestick?

Sorry, there's no apk for this add-on. A user of another of my add-ons recently asked how to get the zip file on to the Firestick, so I did a quick Google search for "add files to firestick" and the first result was:

How to Download and Install Zip Files to Firestick Kodi

Good luck. Smile
You are doing great, MetalChris : )

Thanks a lot for your time and work
Can you please post it on github and enable auto update from repository ?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available1